Craigslist grammar errors FTW. New seats

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
check out my new "recardo's". picked these bitches up for 350 for the pair.

per groverdill who was my inspiration for wanting these exact seats, you need corbeau rails and drill your own holes to mount them. i run a cnc plasma cutter for a living. so i just jumped on cad, drew up a rectangle with the correct hole spacing and welded it to stock tracks. total cost was $0 compared to the corbeau rails at nearly $200.

got a free coupe rear seat, spent $15 at walmart on black fabric and some tacky fabric glue. i re-covered the seats to closely match the fronts. upholstery shops quoted me $250+ labor only just to wrap the seats with no sewing at all, wtf?

so total investment is $365 for all the seats and i dropped close to 70 lbs over my sn95 leather stuff all in all. pretty happy with the results. :D

View attachment 195394
View attachment 195395
View attachment 195396

rears look a little light from the flash. the black isin't quite as dark as my fronts. however, 99.8% of the notch seats are faded already. i offered a dude $250 for his rear seat and he turned it down. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Nice work! I approve.

These seats are so damn comfy!

thanks man. i hate to essentially copy someone, but i liked em in pics alot.

i agree, they are super comfy for a race style seat. i saw the thin profile and was kinda worried. i sat in them on the dudes floor and was really suprised. now i can take more advantage of all my suspension. sliding across the car kinda makes it hard to hit the twisties. :D

Im not a big fan of most aftermarket seats but DAMN i love me some "recardo's"!
Thats one of the down sides of living in bfe, there is never anything like this on CL here.

i had a hard time keeping a straight face when i went to pick them up. it was a mexican dude, he was actually cool. however, he kept calling them recardo's even in person :lol:

yea man, sit in it, recardo's are super comfy essay.

ok, he didn't say essay.

i was searching for recaro's and somehow spelled it wrong. otherwise, he had no other search words in the sale ad at all.

I scored some SERIOUS deals on ebay from people with terrible listing titles and details. I stumbled upon them on dumb luck and was the only bidder. Literally saved hundreds of dollars from other people's negligence :)

Now and then i look for a decent set, i just think value on things like this are too high in NJ, $700 is about the minimum to get in.

I'd really prefer flofits, but they are even harder to find.

Good find. Is there a car these recaros originated from?