Crane Hi-6 users, Did you get the optional wiring harness?

Eric94GTvert

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
PA, Nazareth
I'm about to purchase a crane Hi-6 ignition box and was wondering if I should get the extra ford wiring harness from crane? I've heard I DO need it from some and others say I don't. Can we clear this up?

How did the install go? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I did get the ford harness adaptor with my Hi-6. I don't know if it was necessary, but installation was very easy. They give you weather tight connectors with the box that are junk. I ended up using but connectors w/ heat shrink. I'm selling my Hi-6 with the harness and bracket I made to mount it under the mass air meter. $110

dont waste your money on the extra harness,the hi6a comes with the same one that you will buy.i ended up driving back to summit to return it cuz there was one in the box.i mounted mine on top of the fuse box under the hood.

If I were you I would by that ignition. Go with the MSD, you can't go wrong. I had the crane cams box and when I datalog I noticed that I was not getting full spark advance. I tried tuning it out and made it better but still not right. I went and bought the MSD box and made no other changes and dataloged it and was getting full spark advance. I don't know why or what was causing it but it is the truth. Spend the extra and get the MSD, it might save you some headache.