Crashed vortech...

On Thursday I was cleaning the stang and decided to take the discharge pipe off. Look in it and there is a silvery powder inside the pipe going tall the way up to the plenum. Obviously the impeller has been rubbing on the housing. The shaft is still tight but the gears seem to have a bit of slack if you twist it back and forth. The belt is still on, I dont have the tools here to work on it. So in summary, it was a sad day. Ive already rebuild it and had it rebuilt again. That bi*** is cursed. I got it for free from a cousin, since then it has already blown an engine and other things.

Since my bottom end can handle around 1200 hp Im thinking of getting a big vortech. I have the MMR 1200 Stroker assembly. There is a v7 on ebay right now for 1400...You guys think that is sketchy?

His ad below:

A used vortech V7 Y-trim supercharger. The supercharger is a great replacement for V1 and V2 supercharger because it uses the same brackets they do. The supercharger performs like a T-trim but has a high and more efficient top end. I picked the V7 Y-trim over the YSI because it is a better supercharger for higher boost but I never got there with it. I used it on the stock ls1 block and never took the just to go forged so here it is. Getting rid of the car so this has been off for a while but still has oil in it and everything. It was boosted to 10-11 PSI and has somewhere between 4000 and 5000 miles on it. Car was a street car so it really didn't get much wear on it. The blower impeller has never touched the housing and the impeller doesn't have a mark on it. The shaft has no play and the gears have no slop. The blower is a great upgrade for people that have a S-trim and are thinking of going to a T-trim because this will do everything the T-trim does but better. This is rated at 1000 horsepower and cost $3,000 new. Believe me when I say that I am going to take a huge hit on selling this item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290703609173?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

• Sponsors (?)

If you have rebuilt it twice and it now needs another rebuild I would look at a possible oiling problem. Check to make sure your lines aren't clogged or anything. It would suck to put a new blower on there and ruin it too.

The YSI is a nice headunit. I had one on my car but went back down to a T-trim(novi 1500, Vortech owns paxton and they are the same headunit).

The blower you have is like a 1100cfm blower. The YSI is underrated at 1650 IMO. I would go with something like a T or JT trim blower, and spin it hard past it's efficiency range just a bit. You will get a harder hit down low, something that the 2v motors need.

That ebay one is a standard rotation, you need a reverse rotation. Look for a T-trim, Ysi, or go turbo.
:bang:

Duhhh, wow I am slow these days.

Yeah I would love to go turbo but I already upgraded all the pulleys etc etc. Then I would have to go with new headers and all kinds of other :poo:.

blubullett I know that the oil feed line was working perfectly about 400 miles ago. I just recently changed the oil as well. Could be the prob but I havent taken the blower off to see if the bearings are crashed. The shaft doesnt have any play though, kinda weird. In any case I was going to be changing to AN oil feed and drain fittings with steel braided hose so that will come along with the new head unit.

Winters98GT I guess Im just going to have to wait for one to come up. Or wait longer and buy a new one.

:mad:

Here are a few pictures I took today while taking the vortech off. It is as I suspected, the impeller has been rubbing on the housing. It feels like one of the bearings is rough. Still saving up some cash for an new SC.

P1020905.jpg

P1020909.jpg

P1020914.jpg

P1020919.jpg

P1020920.jpg

P1020921.jpg