Custom interior in a fox

• Sponsors (?)

Chevy comparison? Really?
The Mustang is THE longest, continuous running car model ever, period.
Corvette, camaro, none of them, charger, challenger, nada.
all of them are compared to and are back, with the exception of the corvette, because of the mustang, some are as good as, some may be better than but none of them has such a venomous following.
Stop comparing brand x to Fords Mustang, they are our enemy, case in point.... When was the last time you heard of a motorhead stuff a Ford engine into a brand x?? Cause a brand x body is not worthy of Ford power,
Brand x owners should thank mustang owners for their cars existence.
And $10 too.
Just, you know, because.
Atleast anything but the least desirable year corvette . Lol

I had to look because it has to be close. 1938 to 2003 (not including the New Beetles) 65 years.

1964.5 to 2022 so far, 57.5 model years. Let’s hope a car worthy of the name is made at least another ten years to smash the Beetle (record)!

Not the first time karthief hated on a Chevy. I never said I liked them. I have never owned a Chevy. I just see em on Craigslist. I bet karthief has owned a Chevy in his lifetime. OLD GUY from an old guy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I have a chevy now, 53 truck, I don't hate it/them, I'm just a loyal Ford guy.
I have a Kia and a Toyota too.
Raced a dodge on the street for a minute too, too expensive.
Racers gravitated to GM because they made a ton of small block OHV engines with parts swapping ability so the were cheap and plentiful.

I'm certainly interested in seeing where this car goes, and while I didn't agree with Mike on most things I really enjoyed his work and his thread and I'm hoping that continues with your ownership.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Agree
Yeah I have a chevy now, 53 truck, I don't hate it/them, I'm just a loyal Ford guy.
I have a Kia and a Toyota too.
Raced a dodge on the street for a minute too, too expensive.
Racers gravitated to GM because they made a ton of small block OHV engines with parts swapping ability so the were cheap and plentiful.
Owning an old gm they are definitely cool but just different . I feel like I’m in a different realm when I work on mine .

Coyote motors don’t even sound as good as a 302.
This is really true. There are a couple of motors that just have a distinct sound to them - you know what's coming when you hear them. Even though the Coyote engines are far superior in many ways and have much better power out of the box and upgrade potential, they just don't sound as hard core as a rumpety Windsor. And sometimes it's not about the absolute performance numbers (HP, 0-60, 1/4 mile), it's more about the visceral experience. The old school pushrod engines have a certain charm that you don't get with modern OHC 4V heads.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I also like the whoosh of a Rocket (Olds) engine. Even without mufflers, they sound much better than a Chevy. Too bad it’s often cheaper to build a Chevy.
My small block ford makes a whoosh sound? :shrug:
1641021813656.png

Reactions: 2 users