Daily driver miles??????

NurseGuy

May 27, 2019
Sylvania GA
how many miles are on your daily driver? I have a 97 GT with 151,000 miles. No mechanical issues engine wise, and now that my clutch is corrected, she drives out very nicely. Should I keep going or buy something newer?

• Sponsors (?)

120k on my 04GT. Don’t see a reason to stop daily driving it.

I refresh all the fluids on it at regular intervals, do all the maintenance, and every 3-4 years replace all the pertinent suspension bushings. Drives great.

My 03 GT has right at 160k miles on it, and my 07 Camry has 163k miles on it. I wouldn't buy something different just for less miles. If you are wanting something newer just for the sake of having it, that's up to you. Assuming your car has been well maintained, it should still have a lot of life left in it.

My 98 GT is pushing 190K and still runs strong (and it wasn't that well taken care of before me). Worst I have had to do it replace the intake manifold (cracked and barely leaking coolant), but even then it was still plenty drive-able (drove it 9 hours like that, just kept some coolant in the trunk, only had to top it off when I got there). I've heard of these engines breaking 300k pretty easily with regular maintenance (in stock form of course).

I love old daily driver Mustangs!
Keep on keeping on and
Keep the faith Brothers!

This ones at 150,558, give or take, I swapped out the broken gages a while back.
Drive it every chance I get!
Love it.

Reactions: 1 user
"you need something newer with less miles" and a car payment... Seems like the average person is okay with paying a car payment indefinitely. I'll pass.

how many miles are on your daily driver? I have a 97 GT with 151,000 miles. No mechanical issues engine wise, and now that my clutch is corrected, she drives out very nicely. Should I keep going or buy something newer?
99 Mustang six auto, almost 191000 miles, original engine and trans - have kept it well maintained, overall very reliable car -

It's not my daily driver anymore, but I still drive my 94 GT convertible whenever the weather is nice. 249,700 and still runs great.

Ok amatures,my daily for the last 12 years has 284,000.never removed a valve cover.I've replaced alt. W/3g,starter,waterpump,p/spump,smog air pump,rack,rad. W/alum.,clutch,headers,mufflers,cut 2 cats out.Fuel pump,heater core,coil,dist.,tps,ign.switch,and some other :poo: too.I'll keep her because I do all my own work and have NO payments,she's fun to drive,and everything works as should. Stay stangy my friends.....

Reactions: 2 users
I've put 73k miles on my DD in 5 years (143k total miles).... 14.6k/year avg. 30k on my Truck in 3.7 years. 8.1k mi/yr. 5k miles in 1.8 years. Looks like I avg 23-25k mi/yr.