Damn Ins on our cars is expensive

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
I dident realize how expensive it was to insure a V8 Mustang until I had something else to compare it to ( My 2000 XLT Ranger 4.0)

Now before I give you the rates you have to realize that the Insurance company messed up my policy and that these rates are for a 2004 Ranger and not my 2000 ( yes I called them and had it fixed ) These rates are for Full coverage on a 2004 Ranger VS JUST COMPREHENSIVE on the Mustang while its stored for the winter. Also the deductible was set at $250 for the Mustang and the Ranger, I dont know how that happend Ive always thought it was set at $500 so the rates will be a little hight b/c of that anyway but it still gives you the basic picture. Also this is all based on a clean record, I have no points agnest me.

2004 Ford Ranger, 6 month Policy, Full coverage $250 Deductilbe $ 920 Total

1995 Mustang GT Just Comprehensive $250 Deduct, 6 months $ 1,032 Total

OUCH !!! Now if thats not an insentive not to get speeding tickets then I dont know what is :nonono:

Just thought this was interesting so I figured Id share, now that my Ins is for the right yr truck and for a deduct of $500 and not $250 it should be alot less, I'll post those #s up when I get the revised info in the mail

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
Take a v6 and flip it to a v8 they don't know :D :nice:

no kidding, wish they had messed up the VIN# on the stang and not the truck, Id go around driving w/ the INS of a V6 and have no prob w/ it :D

They messed up 2 VIN #'s on the truck that switched it from a 2000 to a 2004

you are getting screwed man

Striped5.0 said:
1995 Mustang GT Just Comprehensive $250 Deduct, 6 months $ 1,032 Total

Mine is under my dads name with him as the driver, but for 6 months, full coverage with a $500 dollar deductable, its only $300. I am 18 and listed as the driver on my dads 96 jeep cherokee 4X4, and 4X4s have high insurance for some reason, for the exact same setup as on the stang is $620 for 6 months. So you are getting raped hard on insurance man.

Dont feel bad guys. I'm 22 with a couple of points (both speeding tickets) and I drive a 5.0 mustang and a 600cc sport bike. BOTH vehicles cost me $150.00 a month each for full coverage and a $500 deductible on both. California is prob more than the most of the country though.

In Michigan, comprehensive is the most complete (and expensive) coverage you can get. I switch mine to basic property damage and theft while it's stored, and that's like $50 for the winter.

Two other things to look into: First, bump up the deductible if you can afford the hit (should you need to make a claim). That drops the rate significantly. Second, you probably don't need to insure each as a daily driver. One is an occasional driver.

Hope that helps. Every state has different rules, and I know Michigan is quite different from most.

GRGT1994 said:
Two other things to look into: First, bump up the deductible if you can afford the hit (should you need to make a claim). That drops the rate significantly. Second, you probably don't need to insure each as a daily driver. One is an occasional driver.

Hope that helps. Every state has different rules, and I know Michigan is quite different from most.

Well both the deductibles were set at $250 but I changed them both to $500.

here in Maine Full coverage is the most expensive. Comprehensive does not cover a collision. Currently the Mustang does not have full coverage just comprehensive b/c the chances of it being in a accident while sitting in my garage all winter are very slim but it is coverd in case of a fire or something like that.