Damn Ins on our cars is expensive

94SC50 said:
35 and no tickets. :D Small military discount, +6 safety points makes a difference. :nice:

not fair........No kids, Not married, barley over 25 and just got a clean record back after one speeding ticket and accident.

how do you get saftey points? Is that like taking a defensive driving corse or something :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Force yourself to take a driver improvement course online and it will save you $$ on your insurance. Go to Summit Point and take a driver course there that also counts as safety course. :D

94SC50 said:
Force yourself to take a driver improvement course online and it will save you $$ on your insurance. Go to Summit Point and take a driver course there that also counts as safety course. :D

are you serious, you can take a drivers saftey corse online and it can count to lower your ins

I'm 21 with two tickets,two wrecks (one was totaled). I have had driving school 3 times for tickets. I pay $100 a month for a 89 Civic Si Hatchback and a 95 Cobra. A $250 deductable with full coverage on both cars.

@ $1400/yr for my GT and my commuter Accord, don't even know if that's good for CA?? Been her 2 yrs, I know if I was still in MA where I grew up I'd be pissed paying this much! No 25 yr old discount either, but it's all worth it for those Cali used cars........

Here are my corrected new rates

2000 Ford Ranger $250 comp $500 Collision $816 per 6 months

1995 GT $250 Comprehensive $112 Per 6 months. I made a mistake on the total for the stang on the first post

Total for 6 months for both is $928. Im currently w/ Progressive I have been for a number of yrs now

Insurance on new vehicles is insane! My 2004 ranger 4x4 was $1100 every six months and the stang was around $600, full coverage on both. Since Im still on my parents policy we switched some drivers around and that lowered my truck to around $650 every 6 months. I also dropped the stang to storage only for $50 for the winter so Im back to where I started at price-wise before I got the ranger, but I cant drive the stang. Im sure if I switched to my own policy it would double or triple :nonono:.

My payment per month comes out to $155. Guess I cant complain to much b/c back when I just had the Mustang w/ out the truck and full coverage on the car I had 1 ticket, and 1 accidnet and my payment was about $212 per month. So now I have full coverage on the Ranger and just comp on the car and its $155 a month now.

I asked about upping the dedect up to $500 and not $250 and it would only save me $24 over 6 months. Not worth it if you ask me b/c $24 over 6 months is not worth paying $500 for a deductilbe VS $250 if something did happen.