Electrical Dash lights, Gear shift lock, unresponsive head,tail, blinkers, & anything electrisuch as rolling windows down, locking/unlocking door!!

Madis562

Mar 16, 2023
Hey guys I’m new here, & I’ve been searching the internet like crazy for answers as to what is going on with my 2005 mustang 4.0L. This happened on its own out of no where it started off with my left blinker light that did not go off after I made my turn. I even put the car in park & turned the car off took the key out the ignition & it was still going off. I turned it back on the the E brake light, gas, oil, & TCS light were on and my gear shifter was locked in park. I popped my hood and move my battery cables then I got in the car the left turn signal went off and my gear shift unlocked so I started driving again, once I started driving the lights came back on, on my dashboard & when I got to work the gear shift had locked again! Not only that but I was also driving with no brake lights cause those weren’t working either, nor my headlights! I don’t know what happened, it literally happened when I was driving. Also I have gas in the car, my gas gauge dropped to E I don’t know what Is affecting this. I did replace my battery hoping that would help with the problems but unfortunately it did not. I did have electrical problems in the past and it was for my alternator connected. Had replaced my alternator & fixed the connector now this. Can someone please give some advice on what you might think it can be, thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

... you seem to have an intermittent ground or short problem and it will take a bit of time to discern
take your time and take nothing for granted when dealing with wiring ... it has to have common point to effected systems
car history? that is the first question

When you have multiple electrical gremlins, the first thing to check is the smart junction box. Blocked cowl drains can cause water to overflow into the passenger side footwell through the cabin air filter, and water contamination of the SJB can cause all sorts of problems.

Thank you, & yes I’ve came to that conclusion that it is the SJB. The car runs perfectly fine other than the electrical issues, & it makes sense bc it has been raining when this started to happen & I also have a convertible which I’m going to end up buying a cover for the car.