Dash Lights Not Working

ace2486

Oct 30, 2015
I have a 1967 mustang coupe that I am working on. I bought the LED dash replacement bulbs from CJ Pony's to put in to brighten up the dash. These bulbs are supposed to fit right in and do not require any additional install for them to work. I installed them this afternoon but they did not work. I checked to make sure there was power running to each connection where the lights hook into and they all worked, but once you put the light bulb in, it would not light up. Has anyone had a similar problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

These lights do work with factory light sockets, they are the direct replacement for the 1895 bulbs. We checked the ground and all is good. I used an OHM meter to see if there was power going to each socket and there is. The turn signals have power, and the rest of the lights have power in the cluster, but when you put the lights (original or LED) they will not light up.

but when you put the lights (original or LED) they will not light up.

So you're not getting the originals to light up either? If that's the case then Horse is right. You do not have a good ground. All your light sockets ground to the back of the panel thru the socket itself so make sure the back of your panel is getting grounded good. Not sure on 67/68 but maybe an individual grounding pigtail coming off the panel?