• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Debuting my new Mustang!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loco5.0
  • Start date Start date Mar 2, 2008
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 2, 2008
#1
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #1
Some of you may remember my immaculate '93 GT. I still regret selling that car, but there's nothing I can do about it now!

I picked up an '89 LX last month and have been taking care of a few odds & ends & changing some things to my liking. Still a million things I want to do, but one thing at a time.

306 w/ C4 trans & a wet shot.
Also has H/C/I, full exhaust, 3.73s, aluminum rad w/electric fans, cage, drag springs & shocks, etc etc. It went high 10s on spray and mid 12s on motor untuned. I'm planning on taking her to the track soon to get some times w/me behind the wheel.

Here are pics of how she was when I got her:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/IMG_0746.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/333.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/IMG_0825.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/IMG_0719.jpg

Here is what she looks like now:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/89 LX/

Here's what is waiting to be installed:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/Mustang TTI T76 Turbo Kit/
 

Strippt88

New Member
Nov 24, 2006
81
0
0
Cedar Lake, Indiana
Mar 2, 2008
#2
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #2
Nice! Whadja do with the old Welds?
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 2, 2008
#3
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #3
Strippt88 said:
Nice! Whadja do with the old Welds?
Click to expand...

Sold for more than my new wheels cost
 

strtrcr50

New Member
Jun 21, 2006
0
4
0
Previously from Dirty Jerzey exit 7a
Mar 2, 2008
#4
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #4
Nice car! What's the abandoned building in the background in the first shot?
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 2, 2008
#5
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #5
strtrcr50 said:
Nice car! What's the abandoned building in the background in the first shot?
Click to expand...

No clue. Some building next to a library in VA. I stopped on my way home to take pics.
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Mar 2, 2008
#6
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #6
Loco5.0 said:
Some of you may remember my immaculate '93 GT. I still regret selling that car, but there's nothing I can do about it now!

I picked up an '89 LX last month and have been taking care of a few odds & ends & changing some things to my liking. Still a million things I want to do, but one thing at a time.

306 w/ C4 trans & a wet shot.
Also has H/C/I, full exhaust, 3.73s, aluminum rad w/electric fans, cage, drag springs & shocks, etc etc. It went high 10s on spray and mid 12s on motor untuned. I'm planning on taking her to the track soon to get some times w/me behind the wheel.

Here are pics of how she was when I got her:
View attachment 328151
View attachment 328152
View attachment 328153
View attachment 328154

Here is what she looks like now:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/89 LX/

Here's what is waiting to be installed:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/magicman415/Mustang TTI T76 Turbo Kit/
Click to expand...

Nice lookin' car!

If I haven't said it before, I need to get another Fox.
 

strtrcr50

New Member
Jun 21, 2006
0
4
0
Previously from Dirty Jerzey exit 7a
Mar 2, 2008
#7
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #7
I used to do a lot of urban exploration. Looked kinda cool. Where are you in NJ BTW?
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 2, 2008
#8
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #8
strtrcr50 said:
I used to do a lot of urban exploration. Looked kinda cool. Where are you in NJ BTW?
Click to expand...

Cherry Hill area
 

strtrcr50

New Member
Jun 21, 2006
0
4
0
Previously from Dirty Jerzey exit 7a
Mar 2, 2008
#9
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #9
I was looking at houses down there, but didn't find anything. I'm looking in PA and Woodbury now.
 

TwoToneHatch

Active Member
Mar 22, 2007
170
2
28
New Jersey
Mar 2, 2008
#10
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #10
Car looks good! Although I would of stuck with the Draglites it still looks awesome!
 

black87ttop

Member
Oct 29, 2007
43
2
8
burlington,new jersey
Mar 2, 2008
#11
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #11
Loco5.0 said:
Cherry Hill area
Click to expand...

IM right in burlington brother, nice car by the way, I like the new wheels too.
 

blackened88lx

Active Member
Aug 9, 2006
0
4
28
Connecticut
Mar 3, 2008
#12
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #12
Nice car. Looks a hell of a lot better with the pro stars.
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 3, 2008
#13
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #13
TwoToneHatch said:
Car looks good! Although I would of stuck with the Draglites it still looks awesome!
Click to expand...

Everyone has Draglites on their Mustang. I didn't feel like being a part of the masses
 

just4bob50

Active Member
Apr 2, 2005
504
5
28
Pa.
Mar 3, 2008
#14
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #14
Sweet car and I love the star wheels, but how much do they weigh compared to the welds. I almost ordered a set, but heard they were a good bit heavier than the weld wheels. I have a 92 LX hatch that I want to put them on. Did you get your from Summit Racing

Not to hijack your thread but can anyone tell me the weight difference. If were talking 5lbs more per wheel well then Im buying some.
 

riceslayer302

Banned
Oct 3, 2006
0
1
0
CT
Mar 3, 2008
#15
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #15
where did you get ahold of 4 lug pro stars?
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 3, 2008
#16
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #16
just4bob50 said:
Sweet car and I love the star wheels, but how much do they weigh compared to the welds. I almost ordered a set, but heard they were a good bit heavier than the weld wheels. I have a 92 LX hatch that I want to put them on. Did you get your from Summit Racing

Not to hijack your thread but can anyone tell me the weight difference. If were talking 5lbs more per wheel well then Im buying some.
Click to expand...

They are heavier, but by how much I do not know. Yes, bought them direct from Summit.
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 3, 2008
#17
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #17
riceslayer302 said:
where did you get ahold of 4 lug pro stars?
Click to expand...

They are Summit Stars not Pro Stars.
 

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
1,409
69
79
Norman, Ok
Mar 3, 2008
#18
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #18
nice! diggin the stance
 

SteedaGT9150

Advanced Member
Nov 10, 2004
1,351
59
68
Maryland
Mar 3, 2008
#19
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #19
do u have any more info on the wheels? size, tire size, price, etc? i really like them
 

Loco5.0

5 Year Member
Apr 2, 2005
394
6
29
PA
Mar 3, 2008
#20
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #20
SteedaGT9150 said:
do u have any more info on the wheels? size, tire size, price, etc? i really like them
Click to expand...

15x8 in the rear 15x7 up front. they were $440 total stock tire size up front 26" slicks in back
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Hello, New To The Page, Just Bought My First Mustang!
  • The Chicagoan
  • Jul 9, 2016
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
7
Views
2K
The Welcome Wagon Jul 10, 2016
RaggedGT
Is this normal ground clearance for a Bassani X?
  • Loco5.0
  • May 26, 2008
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
930
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 27, 2008
SVT32VDOHC
1966 restoration / resto-mod
  • cornholio
  • Oct 11, 2010
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
52
Views
7K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Dec 30, 2010
edgars23
1
got my fuel lines in and latest gen of mods mostly complete - 84 SVO
  • 140cilx
  • Jun 8, 2011
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
1
Views
908
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Jun 23, 2011
Red_LX
Sad fox Mustang Story
  • 25thmustang
  • Jan 28, 2012
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 29, 2012
txstang84
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?