decided to mod the 01 after all, advice please.

DCx 98GT

Founding Member
Oct 31, 2001
San Bernardino California
I’m going to Brothers Performance on Friday to pick up an American thunder cat back and a few other things. I finally decided to mod the car after my friend picked up a new 04 Honda S2K. Its nice and silver like my car. Any way, I have always wanted a cat back for the car you I’m finally going to get one, while I’m there I was thinking of getting a pro 5.0 and maybe a pro M or a C&L. I’m more or less just looking for a open K&N filter that plugs right in to my MAF. I’m not sure what to get? I don’t like the BBK or MAC pieces because of the cheap chrome look and I dont really want a fender well mounted unit. I would also like to leave the stock upper intake tube and just have an exposed filter. Any ideas or help is appreciated. Just a side note, this is a stock 01 cobra other than the removed rubber fender well mounted air filter tube.

• Sponsors (?)

You will like the cat-back....if you wan't it louder, get an o/r H pipe. :nice:

The Pro 5.0 is another good choice. I would say, save your money on an aftermarket MAF, as it won't do you much good right now. Just get a K&N airfilter....or the K&N cold air kit (using stock MAF).

Gears are the next choice!!!!