denso oxygen sensors?

Blue 98 GT

Oct 9, 2003
Richmond, TX
has anyone used denso oxygen sensors on a 96-98 GT? (may also be applicable to 99+)

It's time for me to swap the oxygen sensors on my 98 GT. I don't need the catalytic sensors because I have MIL eliminators. Are new ones side sensitive? I am thinking about buying new Denso O2 sensors from oxygensensors.com. They don't specify right or left side, but I remember something about them being non-interchangeable. Any help would be great.

Also any ideas on which ones are best... Ford OEM, Denso, Bosch, Brand X?
I've heard that the Bosch ones are crappy.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

not side sensitive

The Sensors are not side sensitive but in some brands the length of the pig tails are different only allowing you to place them on specific sides. Had no problems w/ Denso in the past. I usually sell Echlin to anyone who wants inexpensive part and they dont mind that it is made in taiwon. For people willing to spend a few extra dollars i offer Bosch. You can find the Bosch ones for between $45 and $65. Part # 13127 fits 96-98. 99-04 mustangs take a completely different sensor part # 15716.
coincidentaly the 94 mustang 5.0 takes both the 13127(before cat) and the 15716(after cat) Ford liked the fast response that help lower smog emissions and decided to continue using them.