DiabloSport Predator issue

Just put on the C&L CAI with the Diablosport tune. For some reason the car doesn't want to start right after after a new tune is installed. The motor turns over, but won't fire up. After a few tries it will finally start. As far as I can tell, I followed all of the instructions perfectly.

Once the car starts for the first time after the new tune is installed, there doesn't seem to be any issues with starting.

Is this normal? Is it a known issue with some cars?

Other than that, the car seems to run fine.

• Sponsors (?)

REDFIRE 05 GT said:
Did you try re-enstalling the factory tune and installing it again? I used the 91 octane tune with mine and everything was fine, did not experience the problem you did, car started the same as before I put the tune in.
Have you had any pinging between 3500-6000 rpm? Since I installed the 91 tune in my car it happens occasionally. DiabloSport says to just go in and take 10-15% of spark out between those rpm ranges. What I think is weird is that it only does it occasionally, not all the time. Seems like the knock sensor is not picking it up?

Viking05 said:
Just put on the C&L CAI with the Diablosport tune. For some reason the car doesn't want to start right after after a new tune is installed. The motor turns over, but won't fire up. After a few tries it will finally start. As far as I can tell, I followed all of the instructions perfectly.

Once the car starts for the first time after the new tune is installed, there doesn't seem to be any issues with starting.

Is this normal? Is it a known issue with some cars?

Other than that, the car seems to run fine.

I do find it normal for my car not to start on the first attempt after installing or updating a program. However, mine has always fired on the second try.

Are you using software revision 28?

Mine seems to fire up on the third or so time after installing a new tune. Its been starting fine since the last time I installed it though.

I honestly don't know which software revision it is. Is there a way to check on the Predator itself?

Viking05 said:
Mine seems to fire up on the third or so time after installing a new tune. Its been starting fine since the last time I installed it though.

I honestly don't know which software revision it is. Is there a way to check on the Predator itself?

I'm on a trip now and cant look at my unit, but if I recall, upon boot of the unit, the revision will be displayed at the top of the screen.