Did Bassani completely mess up the exhause flanges?

parish99

Feb 7, 2002
Just recieved a Bassani x-pipe with cats (50933), but the flanges look completely wrong?

I am missing something here, or did they weld the totally wrong flanges for this style of fitting? I thought the ball socket usually used a supporting cone on the flange. The bolt holes in the header side are also to small to fit my header collector bolts.

IMG_5618.JPG

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

They look like the 99-04 style flanges to me but. Been a long time since I owned anything from them.

Looks like the same core most rebrand for those stubby cats, have to love all the warning now lol. pretty sure all the Holley owned brands like flowmaster dumped that product or are still clearancing them out. EPA killed off alot of exhaust manufacturers and stuffs just getting discounted left and right.

I've been buying up the clearance hooker blackheart stainless swap kits to make my own exhaust on a few cars since they where dirt cheap. Started ditching the ball and sockets connectors at the headers for butt clamps. Have been using the Norma group torca style butt joints everyone is selling under license, not sure that will work for shorties though. hooker has the best prices on them for a pair in 2.5 or 3" and China hasn't knocked it off yet. They work well enough for OEM's to use in production cars now, see them on alot of higher end euro stuff, way better then those flimsy lap joint clamps.. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-41172hkr