Did I Lose My Tune?

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
This is kind of a noob question but when I had my new engine put in, when the battery was disconnected was my tune lost? I dont think that happens but I thought I should check. I just was wondering if I should reinstall my tune or not.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

No, your tune was not lost. However, any "short-term learning" prolly will be. Don't worry about it. It should be fine after a few ignition cycles. Take it out and run it thru the normal gammit (sp?) and give it time to settle in.

The tune will only be lost if a) you swap a new in a new PCM, or b) you change the tune yourself.

I think if you lost the tune every time you disconnected the battery, no one would want tuners lol. That would be a huge PITA.

yellow gt i saw you had a new engine installed and was seein it in other threads and was wondering how does performe?

Well of the 25 miles Ive drove it, pretty good. The snow we keep getting is keeping me from getting the miles on it. :mad: It runs good and stong and you cant really tell a difference. With the blower cams the exhaust and blower seem louder and every one else says the same thing and it has a slight lope. Once the roads clear up and I get more miles Ill have a better idea how the performance really is. :D