Disconnected my battery, now idle problems

So recently I had my battery disconnected, and now Im experiencing the car dying at red lights, and also idling unstable (revs drop then shoot up) Its been getting better day by day but still dies occasionally and just feels a bit rougher all around. Is this something the computer will fix on its own as it "re-learns" or whatnot?

edit: sorry, should have posted this in tech

• Sponsors (?)

I didnt do anything to the motor/maf or anything, thats why Im kind of stumped. Anyhow, it is getting better so Im guessing the computer just has to finish resetting itself. and yes, I did not forget to reconnect the battery ;) very funny, what would be a bypass motor problem?

AWESOME INFO, on another forum

[quote author=Joel5.0 link=topic=1031.msg24031#msg24031 date=1164419579]
Adjusting the TPS......a case in Mythology
Summarized EEC-IV logic for the TPS......

The following is a very short explanation of the EEC-IV Idle/TPS Strategy as contained in the EEC-IV Strategy Book - GUFB. Every time the Ign Switch is turned to the ON position.....the EEC-IV will do the following for the TPS signal:

> Minimum voltage at closed throttle over .49 vdc. , less than .49 and codes 23 and 63 will set as failures. :SOS:

> Max voltage closed throttle should not exceed 1.2 vdc, or codes 23 & 53 will set as failures. :SOS:

> TPS voltage between .5vdc and 1.19 = no codes, TPS :checkmark...then EEC-IV system is :ok1: (TPS wise)

►Closed throttle TPS value is reset by the system to the lowest value read when ignition is turned on every time. Or as explained by the EEC-IV RATCH algorithm:

The variable RATCH is the output of a ratchet algorithm which continuously seeks the minimum throttle angle corresponding to a CLOSED THROTTLE position. This alleviates the necessity to set the throttle position sensor at an absolute position and compensates for system changes and differences between vehicles. The ratchet algorithm uses filtered throttle position for the determination of RATCH.

► A voltage increase of .04 vdc from the minimum registered will id part throttle status.
► Minimum WOT value of 3.21 vdc (.5 + 2.71) and not higher than actual Voltage REFerence (VREF) generated by the ECM to access WOT strategy.

:FYI:....This does not include the other registers and functions, the system uses to id acceleration, deceleration, cruise...etc, like:

:checkmark1 APT = At Part Throttle flag

The value of APT is determined by a logic. Briefly, throttle angle breakpoints, in terms of counts, are used to define the CLOSED/PART_THROTTLE and PART/WIDE_OPEN_THROTTLE transitions.

:checkmark1 OLDTP = Previous TP sensor value, counts.
:checkmark1 TAR = Throttle Angle Rate of change, deg/sec.
:checkmark1 TP = Throttle position sensor.
:checkmark1 FN331B = A multiplier as a function of the present throttle angle minus the lowest measured throttle angle (TP - RATCH)
:checkmark1 Etc, etc, etc

Adjusting the TPS is a MYTH....or more proof is needed?
[/quote]