Discount codes that don't exclude holley parts?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
Want to swap out my dual pumps for a single holley 12-347.
Paying retail for one is tough for me emotionally. Not sure i've ever payed full price for anything auto modifying related.
Any sites that i can find codes for exclude holley.
Could get it a little cheaper on ebay, but i'd rather have this particular item from a more reputable place.
Any of you guys have a way to get some type of discount other than free shipping?

• Sponsors (?)

No such thing... Holley screwed there dealers so badly they pretty much have locked down price fixing without breaking antitrust laws because its a dealers agreement under MAP... There not enough margin for a dealer to discount it and not loose money or risk losing distribution pretty much. You can call and ask dealers if they can beat it, but no one will advertise discount codes any more that work on their products.

Only time I buy thier brands now is there seasonal sales when they blow out inventory. Either way that sniper hellcat pump design is pretty bad in a stock style tank. 2 people I know who tried it had to use a surge tank to avoid fueling issues. I'd rather stick with an 03 cobra style dual pump tank and pick up if that's what your using

Not really auto related, but similar……. Weber grills are priced the same no matter where you go. Ace, Home Depot, wherever….. best you do in them is to open a store credit card to get their discount, otherwise the price is what it is.
I guess these top brands have some pull with their retailers. Sell at this price, or don’t sell our products.

I figured as much with the price fixing.

As for the pump, i haven't heard of the need for the surge tank. A friend of mine uses them in builds all the time.

Currently i run a fox style return system with a fuel pick/hanger with no pump on it. 2 external inline walbro gss340 (can't remember the exact model) high pressure pumps. It's excessively complex and has been bugging me for years. I did it before powerful in tank pumps were around.
It's worked well for me, but they are really loud outside the tank, like race car fuel pump loud.
My guess is if i was going to have an issue, this setup would have caused the same thing.

Or you wait until it's clearance in store lol... I used to love home depot for their lack of inventory control but they made it much harder these days. pre covid I use to buy tons of stuff 75% off list price. Even get penny item here and there where they should have removed it from the sale floor. They had a clearance schedule that was like clock work, since Rona they tightened up inventory control and rtv stuff they want off their books.

Map was to help the mom and pop brick an motor stores, all it did was set a minimum advertised price but it also killed the fair market and help brands price fix. Holleys list prices are higher then snoop dog for the :poo: they sell these days, but they keep buying up the industry brand names and own alot of the market for a bunch of products.

I figured as much with the price fixing.

As for the pump, i haven't heard of the need for the surge tank. A friend of mine uses them in builds all the time.

Currently i run a fox style return system with a fuel pick/hanger with no pump on it. 2 external inline walbro gss340 (can't remember the exact model) high pressure pumps. It's excessively complex and has been bugging me for years. I did it before powerful in tank pumps were around.
It's worked well for me, but they are really loud outside the tank, like race car fuel pump loud.
My guess is if i was going to have an issue, this setup would have caused the same thing.
03 cobra style tank and a billet hat can run up to 3 walbro- now Ti pumps of your choice. No louder then stock, hell you can wire it to run just one until its under boost are nitrous system is armed . The hell cat pumps really need to be controlled by a PWM signal and a stock baffled tank will have issues feeding them, clearance is tight between the pump and baffle from what I've seen. Hence the surge tanks both ended up with, these where sloppy type 5.3 builds pushing decent boost and needed fuel flow for e85.

Not going to reinvent the wheel on this project. Would like to keep it simple, remove the twin external pumps, reroute the lines and filter and move on.
My car is a bit of a hybrid.
03 cobra computer and engine, but the rest outside the engine bay is all foxbody. I can't simply up the voltage to the pumps or turn multiples on.
The cobra tank $400, i can only image what a billet hat and 2 pumps costs and the rest of the supporting parts.
I doubt i will add any more power. Right now i'm into making into a nice reliable cruiser to drive around with the kids (they are little and will be in car seats in the back), hence the reason i don't like how loud these pumps are.
Not sure i've ever heard an in tank pump that's loud.
Going to switch the mufflers to super turbos.
Already finished the suspension the way i want it.
Not going to road race it, drag race it or probably even go wide open past the speed limit.

I'll consult my guys about the baffle thing, they have been doing foxbodys since 86, if they say i'm good i tend to listen.
I really wanted the aeromotive in tank pump, but they felt it would be too close to the limit.

So because i wasn't understanding how the hellcat pump could be any different than a stock style in a fox tank, i made a phone call. These guys have done this pretty much forever. They didn't get it either.
I know people call what's in a fox tank a baffle, but in reality it's a tub. A tub i've seen because it had broken off in my first tank, so when i went around turns low on gas the car would start to stall.

It's a return style system, so even if the pump is moving too much volume it's dumping the excess back into the tub. And my guess is that my twin 340 pumps (which i think are just 255's) are just as powerful as the single 525 so if it were going to be an issue i would likely have the same issue currently, which i surely do not.

Could you elaborate more on the issue causes the problem?

Last edited: