Amazon.....oh My God!!!!!

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
They just don't realize how bad they can get trashed when they drop the ball do they?

On Monday morning while looking for waste gates I come across an offer:

Sign up for Amazon store card, and receive 50.00 off your purchase, 6 months interest free to pay for your items, no tax, and 2 day free shipping.

How could I refuse that?

So I sign up.

I find two precision wastegates at 239.00 ea. (478.00 total) apply the 50.00 instant credit. and put that order to bed 438.00 shipped,....or 219.00 ea. however you wanna look at it.
Yesterday by days end, I still haven't received any confirmation e-mail that the things have even left the building. (they haven't)
Turns out that there was a mis-count on the product that was actually in stock. Only one on hand in actuality.
I have to find that out after calling them directly.

I talk with the front line CSR,..and after 3 minutes am so enraged that I tell her that if she doesn't transfer me to a manager in 2 seconds her ears would start bleeding....
She obliges.

That manager, listens, and repeats to be sure that he has heard my concerns....apologizes all over himself, and proceeds to get to the bottom of things for me.

He confirms that there is only one gate in stock, and it has shipped,......by itself. It'll be here Thursday.

I tell the guy that I need two, and he understands completely but since he can't sht one, wants to know what else he can do for me.

I tell the guy that he has other "branded" waste gates in stock from Turbosmart, and from Tial, but they have less capabilities (they only come w/ one spring) and they are more money. He tells me to select what I want, put them in my cart, and he'll work on the difference.

I do that,....I buy the two remaining Turbosmart gates w/ 7 p.s.i springs,.....one is blue,...and one is black.

I don't care.

He said that he would call me to tell me what he did to make it work by end of day.

He calls me, but I miss his call. The message he leaves states that he'll leave detailed notes for any person that I get in contact with, so that the can pick it up from there. He also says that he's leaving, and tomorrow is his day off. When I call back, I get the front line girl,....andddd,...she don't know nothin' bout no notes.

I almost tip my head back and roar.

I ask for another manager straight away, and get this guy that while he seems helpful,..he doen't have "the power" to do much.

What can he do for me?

I tell him what has happened and he does his best to JUST FCK UP THE WHOLE DEAL!!!!

He says that the one precision gate that has already left will have to be returned back for credit before that can be applied to my account...
The Turbosmart gates are more money as well,...256 ea, as opposed to 219. and there's that one spring thing.
I tell the guy that I want the same deal that I coulda had had they not claimed that there were 5 of the other gates when in fact there was 1. I told him that I did not want to buy a 1 spring gate, because those freakin springs bought ala-carte were about 40 bucks ea. But, since it was all I could get from them,...what other choice did I have?

He modifies the price of the gates to come down to the original 239ea. that the precision gates cost,...I said dude,..what about the extra 50 bucks off that I got to sign up for the card?
He didn't have the power to issue another gift card.

He says that he can only match the price difference. I say whatever dude,...it is what it is,..but you're gonna have to make them show before the weekend, because that was also part of my original deal.
He upgrades it to red status,..except I have to pay for the difference between 2 day,..and overnight.
13.00 ea.
He says that I have to go ahead and order the things so that he can apply the credits..I do that.
Only now,....50 dollars of sales tax pops into the deal.

Dude!!! why is there tax this time, and not on the original order....

Because they issued a gift card w/ the original purchase....items bought as "gifts" were exempt.

Well then,...apply that damn gift card!....
He can't. He doesn't have the power to issue that much credit. he was at his limit.

Now I'm looking at two gates that are 512 shipped....the sales tax completely erasing the price match, and the red label upcharge pushing the things to where they woulda been w/o the benefit of one single dimes credit.

I say,..You know what, just cancel this whole damn deal!....I can't believe that you don't have the power to fix this....and before I can even re-consider anything,............ he does just that.

Boom! Cancelled.

Only he can't cancel one of them for one reason or another. It's locked in, and it's shipping. I'll have to return that damn thing too. only one will arrive one day, and the other the next, neither of them the same.

I say wait a damn minute! you cancelled one, why can't you cancel the other? He can't. That btch is coming too. It'll be here Friday

So I make the guy put the one that he could cancel back in,...and get it coming again since he can't stop the one,....I have to put it in my cart. This time he can't modify anything (He doesn't have the power).
All he can do is make sure that it goes out red, which he does.....It's coming Saturday.

Now,.....what do I have?....Fck I don't know.....

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I came home and had a couple of beers. All of the sudden, I am disingenuously informed that my daughter is just now beginning her math homework for which she has a test tomorrow; statistics.

Now I'm a dick because I had the audacity to suggest that this homework should at minimum, have been reviewed at the beginning of holiday vacation versus the night before the test. I was informed that I don't know that this is what has happened. Funny... We've just this very evening, discovered that our book is in our locker. Huh... This certainly tells me that we've been working this issue for the last two weeks.

It is now incumbent upon me to re-learn statistics so that I can teach my daughter in the next couple of hours, those things that she should have been learning over break. But I'm a dick... and there's still no math book.

Why is this relevant to this thread?

They just don't realize how bad they can get trashed when they drop the ball do they?

On Monday morning while looking for waste gates I come across an offer:

Sign up for Amazon store card, and receive 50.00 off your purchase, 6 months interest free to pay for your items, no tax, and 2 day free shipping.

How could I refuse that?

So I sign up.

I find two precision wastegates at 239.00 ea. (478.00 total) apply the 50.00 instant credit. and put that order to bed 438.00 shipped,....or 219.00 ea. however you wanna look at it.
Yesterday by days end, I still haven't received any confirmation e-mail that the things have even left the building. (they haven't)
Turns out that there was a mis-count on the product that was actually in stock. Only one on hand in actuality.
I have to find that out after calling them directly.

I talk with the front line CSR,..and after 3 minutes am so enraged that I tell her that if she doesn't transfer me to a manager in 2 seconds her ears would start bleeding....
She obliges.

That manager, listens, and repeats to be sure that he has heard my concerns....apologizes all over himself, and proceeds to get to the bottom of things for me.

He confirms that there is only one gate in stock, and it has shipped,......by itself. It'll be here Thursday.

I tell the guy that I need two, and he understands completely but since he can't sht one, wants to know what else he can do for me.

I tell the guy that he has other "branded" waste gates in stock from Turbosmart, and from Tial, but they have less capabilities (they only come w/ one spring) and they are more money. He tells me to select what I want, put them in my cart, and he'll work on the difference.

I do that,....I buy the two remaining Turbosmart gates w/ 7 p.s.i springs,.....one is blue,...and one is black.

I don't care.

He said that he would call me to tell me what he did to make it work by end of day.

He calls me, but I miss his call. The message he leaves states that he'll leave detailed notes for any person that I get in contact with, so that the can pick it up from there. He also says that he's leaving, and tomorrow is his day off. When I call back, I get the front line girl,....andddd,...she don't know nothin' bout no notes.

I almost tip my head back and roar.

I ask for another manager straight away, and get this guy that while he seems helpful,..he doen't have "the power" to do much.

What can he do for me?

I tell him what has happened and he does his best to JUST FCK UP THE WHOLE DEAL!!!!

He says that the one precision gate that has already left will have to be returned back for credit before that can be applied to my account...
The Turbosmart gates are more money as well,...256 ea, as opposed to 219. and there's that one spring thing.
I tell the guy that I want the same deal that I coulda had had they not claimed that there were 5 of the other gates when in fact there was 1. I told him that I did not want to buy a 1 spring gate, because those freakin springs bought ala-carte were about 40 bucks ea. But, since it was all I could get from them,...what other choice did I have?

He modifies the price of the gates to come down to the original 239ea. that the precision gates cost,...I said dude,..what about the extra 50 bucks off that I got to sign up for the card?
He didn't have the power to issue another gift card.

He says that he can only match the price difference. I say whatever dude,...it is what it is,..but you're gonna have to make them show before the weekend, because that was also part of my original deal.
He upgrades it to red status,..except I have to pay for the difference between 2 day,..and overnight.
13.00 ea.
He says that I have to go ahead and order the things so that he can apply the credits..I do that.
Only now,....50 dollars of sales tax pops into the deal.

Dude!!! why is there tax this time, and not on the original order....

Because they issued a gift card w/ the original purchase....items bought as "gifts" were exempt.

Well then,...apply that damn gift card!....
He can't. He doesn't have the power to issue that much credit. he was at his limit.

Now I'm looking at two gates that are 512 shipped....the sales tax completely erasing the price match, and the red label upcharge pushing the things to where they woulda been w/o the benefit of one single dimes credit.

I say,..You know what, just cancel this whole damn deal!....I can't believe that you don't have the power to fix this....and before I can even re-consider anything,............ he does just that.

Boom! Cancelled.

Only he can't cancel one of them for one reason or another. It's locked in, and it's shipping. I'll have to return that damn thing too. only one will arrive one day, and the other the next, neither of them the same.

I say wait a damn minute! you cancelled one, why can't you cancel the other? He can't. That btch is coming too. It'll be here Friday

So I make the guy put the one that he could cancel back in,...and get it coming again since he can't stop the one,....I have to put it in my cart. This time he can't modify anything (He doesn't have the power).
All he can do is make sure that it goes out red, which he does.....It's coming Saturday.

Now,.....what do I have?....Fck I don't know.....

I think my daughter must be working your Amazon order. :O_o:

Reactions: 4 users
Mike, you are a gifted writer. Man I understand your frustration but no way in the world would I have had the patience to explain that out in writing. But, did writing it out help you vent? I hope so...

Well....it can't start getting easy now, can it Mike?

Not only does the foundation of the story suck, but then you get the "I'm too stupid to help you" runaround. I would tell you that i'm glad it's not me, but this is sure to happen to me before i'm done.

I hope they fck it up and get it to you tomorrow.

Be sure to send Amazon an email about that very discussion and all the fumbling that happened after-fairly certain you will get a Deal better than the first agreed upon 'make it right' deal :)

Reactions: 1 users
12677351_1564216943896941_1482825713_n.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Well I tell you this much, thats still more help than you would have gotten from Ebay had you had that issue come up. I have never used Amazon, but from my experiences with Ebay, you are better to get what you bought, and return it than try to change anything between purchase date/time and shipping date/time. It will most certainly just cause you a headache. People these days are absolute idiots.

Well I tell you this much, thats still more help than you would have gotten from Ebay had you had that issue come up. I have never used Amazon, but from my experiences with Ebay, you are better to get what you bought, and return it than try to change anything between purchase date/time and shipping date/time. It will most certainly just cause you a headache. People these days are absolute idiots.
Except that Ebay doesn't have a customer service department. Ebay isn't a business that warehouses anything like Amazon (I don't think). Amazon relies on multiple independent suppliers to provide them w/ their stock, and they must charge a fee for that storage back to the supplier. (Because they "thought" that there was 5 precision gates, when there was in fact 1 when it came time to pull the order) Ebay is just a giant auction site w/ no direct responsibility for inventory accuracy.
So,...I'm having an Amazon problem,...not an individual seller problem. Amazon in turn, is having an individual seller problem.
They both are having me as a communal problem....because the rant above.......they're gonna get a copy today. (edited for content of course).

Reactions: 2 users
Many Amazon sellers stock and promote their own product. How about a link to what you purchased?

Either way, sounds like a disaster and something that would happen to me. Like someone said above, times like that it's best to not further complicate things because Murphy's Law is always waiting to kick you in the balls.

Reactions: 1 user
Buying car parts off Amazon is a new venture for me. Most are 3rd party, so even with prime you are stuck waiting forever for the part. I've found Ebay or rockauto to be faster.

But, Amazon's return policy does make it easy as a buyer. Print the label off and slap it on the box and you are good to go. If it's not your fault, no charge.

Now, when Amazon itself starts carrying the parts, and I can have it next day, delivered by drone, I will :poo: myself in joy.

Reactions: 1 user
Now don't laugh, but Walmnart online has a LOT of performance parts- granted it is going to be third party but you are dealing with Walmart and not Amazon. I've actually purchased some tires and other parts from them with great success.

Reactions: 1 users