Distributor style with holly terminator x?

Hoonlo

Aug 25, 2020
B.C Canada
What kind of distributar are you guys running with the term x tuners? Can you change them, and are there many advantages or
disadvantages to each? If I have a tfi do I need a box or will the term run it as is? thx

• Sponsors (?)

They supply a TFI adapter in the kit. You can run the factory distributer and you don't need an ignition box. Only known issue on the TFI adapter is you have to remove the red pin retainer and bend the pins for a tighter fit. 30 second fix. Other option depending on what you want to spend is the holley/msd dual sync distributer. You do need an ignition box for that.

I have the 937f kit and currently using the stock TFI distributer with no issues.

FYI you need a laptop to set the ford IAC up properly in the software.

Reactions: 1 user
Grn92LX is spot on.

The fobody 937f kit is designed to use stock ford distributor and tfi. An ignition box is not mandatory with that setup, all you will need to do is wire a relay for power to the coil. Works fine, some people have had to manually adjust the pins so they had a tighter connection at the tfi plug (I did).

Some people chose to upgrade to a holley dual sync distributor. With that you do need to run an ignition box. It gets a lot pricier in a hurry but gives the advantage of being able to run individual coils for each plug.

What do you mean manually adjust the plug? like pushing the pins around? How do you like the setup? Was it easy to install?Is it a good user
interface for tuning? Would you do it again? I was looking at a mega squirt for ease of use, but like the new harness etc..

The red pin retainer pops out, then you bend the pins to make a tighter connection, put the retainer back in, done.

Theres a few things I found out after I was done with the install, like the TFI adapter issue and needing a laptop to assign the Ford pwm iac to output 4. The car was having issues starting (tfi adapter connection) and having issues staying running and idling good (assigning the iac to output 4 on the laptop) Once that was fixed the car ran great and starts/idles great. Nothing is plug and play and running mint in 15minutes.

For me it was a no brainer. Its a good deal for $1149. I sold my anderson pms4 for $425 to cover some of the costs.

The red pin retainer pops out, then you bend the pins to make a tighter connection, put the retainer back in, done.

Theres a few things I found out after I was done with the install, like the TFI adapter issue and needing a laptop to assign the Ford pwm iac to output 4. The car was having issues starting (tfi adapter connection) and having issues staying running and idling good (assigning the iac to output 4 on the laptop) Once that was fixed the car ran great and starts/idles great. Nothing is plug and play and running mint in 15minutes.

For me it was a no brainer. Its a good deal for $1149. I sold my anderson pms4 for $425 to cover some of the costs.
Where did you get it so cheap?