Does anybody else complain to vendors...

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
I sure do. Most recently to Ring Bros. about the price of the hood hinges, (unpolished), at almost $700 through Mustangs Plus.
Other times I have contacted NPD and have actually gotten positive responses. Example; I told them we were unhappy with the $30 repro rear valances and got a response stating that they looked at it after my e-mail. They, too, were unhappy with the products fit and finish. They vowed to try to find another supplier with better quality at a higher price for those that demanded better quality. That's all I could ask for! B.tw., all vendors use the same crappy rear repros for that part.
Please contact your vendors via e-mail or call and let them know what you think. The good ones do listen!

• Sponsors (?)

Apparently it worked; I just got the new NPD catalogue and they now have two versions of the 65-66 rear valance. The new one claims: new tooling, thicker metal, and better fit! Cost is only $6 more! For those that use the new one, I will be accept thank yous in the form of cash, check, or money order.:D Hopefully they will find a new manufacturer for my 67 now.

mustangdave said:
Apparently it worked; I just got the new NPD catalogue and they now have two versions of the 65-66 rear valance. The new one claims: new tooling, thicker metal, and better fit! Cost is only $6 more! For those that use the new one, I will be accept thank yous in the form of cash, check, or money order.:D Hopefully they will find a new manufacturer for my 67 now.

the think that bothers me the most is it doesn't cost any more to stamp it right, but most of the aftermarket panels are crap. ANd on the other hand the prices on most of that **** are too cheap anyway.I dont' think anyone would mind a price increase to get a better part.

I have also complained to a vender and had a positive response. I was having a problem with a purchase from mustangs pulse and was unable to get satisfaction. So I contacted Ron directly and he went out of his way to make it right and then to follow up a couple of times to make sure I was happy. This it the way the customer should be treated and because of this service I have been a repeat customer on the other hand I have had bad service from other suppliers and I will not buy or recommend there products even thought the part quality was good. And there are some suppliers that I have used that I did not need to test their customer service because it was dead nut on the first time. CJ pony being one of them and they will also get my recommendation.

Jester, god to hear that they're listening. I got an e-mail just now from NPD. Their vendor is building new tooling for other years on the valance. 67-68, will be next with the other years to follow. They complained to them about the quality of the current parts and they have improved some while others still lack good quality, so hopefully this new tooling will solve that problem.