Does anyone elses wipers skip across the windsheild?

Aliate X

May 9, 2005
Rockland NY
I replaced my wiper blades and it still does it if theres not a ton of water on the windsheild, even then, sometimes it still does it. The car has about 100k on it.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

try replacing the wiper blade holder see picture did you just add new refills into the holder...i call it a wiper blade holder because i don't know what they are called but you understand what i mean..right?

rep-exactfit.jpg

Try using them when its raining out. They usually work more effectively when lubricated with water, lol. I'm sorry man, I couldnt resist, it was just a joke. What kind of wipers are you using? And like he said, try replacing the whole assembly.

take the whole blade off of the wiper arm. when the end of the arm is resting on the glass, look at how perpindicular(sp) the little nub(the thing that the blade slides onto) is compare to your winsheild. adjust(careful not to break it) so that is is parrallel to it. this will put a more even pressure on it, if it is out of whack any.

you guys are overthinking it, the blade arm spring isnt putting enough pressure against the windshield, mine did the same thing so i got outta the car in a parking lot and bent the thin steel arms a little so it puts more pressure on the glass, stock they're pretty much straight, so put a nice even arc in both sides and you should be golden..if it works a little try bending more..good luck

~Mark~

SmockDoiley said:
Try using them when its raining out. They usually work more effectively when lubricated with water, lol. I'm sorry man, I couldnt resist, it was just a joke. What kind of wipers are you using? And like he said, try replacing the whole assembly.

Ugh...

Obviously I meant they skip in light rain.

well first thing i would do is wax my windshield. for most rain storms you won't even need the winshield wipers. Also i find that ford windshield wipers seem to be the best. I hve tried so many but oem parts just seem to last longer imo.

Mustang78 said:
you guys are overthinking it, the blade arm spring isnt putting enough pressure against the windshield, mine did the same thing so i got outta the car in a parking lot and bent the thin steel arms a little so it puts more pressure on the glass, stock they're pretty much straight, so put a nice even arc in both sides and you should be golden..if it works a little try bending more..good luck

~Mark~

^^^ exactly...I did this on my old S-10 and it worked...Or you can get some of those sure wipe's. They are a strong spring to assist the wiper arm spring.

What is happening is the blade itself will stay folded from where it sits and wont fold the other way...nottice it skips going up but not going down. The blade is being pushed against itself on the way up and then drags on the way down. You wan't the blade to be draged both way's ...hard to explain but someone might be able to explain this a little better (if they can even understand what I mean lol)

Roland69 said:
^^^ exactly...I did this on my old S-10 and it worked...Or you can get some of those sure wipe's. They are a strong spring to assist the wiper arm spring.

What is happening is the blade itself will stay folded from where it sits and wont fold the other way...nottice it skips going up but not going down. The blade is being pushed against itself on the way up and then drags on the way down. You wan't the blade to be draged both way's ...hard to explain but someone might be able to explain this a little better (if they can even understand what I mean lol)

i know what your talkin about lol....after i wash my car i usually place the blade on the glass and make sure it is 'bent' the opposite way that it usually just sits there, so when i use em they will not just clean one way..

and i always thought it skipped because there is too much pressure on the arms and it would push into the window kinda