Does NOBODY make a MAF that comes with the transfer function?

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
I've been looking and calling everywhere to find a company that has the transfer function info for their meters and nobody so far will even get me the info :bang:

I still need to contact PMAS and see if their meters still come with them since I know the Pro-M meters used to.

If I just went ahead and bought a meter, isn't there a place I can get the thing flowed for the tranfer function?

Hmmm, maybe I can rig up a homemade flow bench :scratch: or use a real flowbench, rig up a voltage supply and multimeter.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah PMAS is the only place I could think of that MIGHT do it since the Pro-M's used to have ALL that info. I tried all day long to get a hold of PMAS and I just keep getting some ladies voice on the answering machine. Kind of makes me not want to do business with them, but hey if I get what I need then great.

Granetelli doesn't include the sheet nor did they even know where to get he info when I talked to them today :shrug: What's up with that! How can you make a MAF and not know the transfer function.

Zero Signal said:
I've been looking and calling everywhere to find a company that has the transfer function info for their meters and nobody so far will even get me the info :bang:

I still need to contact PMAS and see if their meters still come with them since I know the Pro-M meters used to.

If I just went ahead and bought a meter, isn't there a place I can get the thing flowed for the tranfer function?

Hmmm, maybe I can rig up a homemade flow bench :scratch: or use a real flowbench, rig up a voltage supply and multimeter.

I guess I'm lost here John cause I don't understand :shrug:

Most of the ProM mafs can be used with a genereic curve :nice:

Even a lot of the C&L's have curves peeps have dug up which can be found with little effort on your part ;)

As for the Granetelli maf

Don said it was a very accurate maf. Hitachi (spelling) the same folks that make the electronics for our mafs make the electronics for them.

As long as you can get close, you can use EEC Analyzer to dial it in.

I had the official sheet with my ProM 80 and I had to change the curve up a bit :shrug:

Now that I think about it John.

The transfer curve is from the pcm's perspective. Maybe that is why Maf Peeps don't have what you are looking for.

You are looking for the flow data of the maf. You use that data to build the 30 point maf transfer curve.

Let us know what you find out :D

Grady

You are looking for the flow data of the maf. You use that data to build the 30 point maf transfer curve.

Exactly! I figured they were the same thing. You get a sheet with kg/Hr tabulated with the corresponding signal output.

I just want the base curve to be as accurate as possible. But like you said, maybe I could get away with a generic tranfer function.

Zero Signal said:
Exactly! I figured they were the same thing. You get a sheet with kg/Hr tabulated with the corresponding signal output.

I just want the base curve to be as accurate as possible. But like you said, maybe I could get away with a generic tranfer function.

I almost did not speak up :)

as I knew you knew what I was talking about :D

I somehow thought maybe the maf companies were being thrown off if you were using the word maf transfer.

Seems like nothing is simple these days don't it :rlaugh:

One last thought John :D

I got a gut feeling you might not push much over say 4.25 to 4.50 maf volts if your fuel table and the high end of the maf curve was optimized by using a wb like I was talking about in that other thread.

Grady