Does this seem like a good deal? (Never dealt with D & D before)

I'd be a little iffy about any company that claims their stock 302 block can hold 700hp.

They state that it's a "Ford Motorsport Block" and that it's rated for 700HP as built....

Last time I checked, FRPP no longer carries a production 5.0 bare block.

I'm willing to bet that it IS at least the B50 "Sportsman" 5.0L block due to the price.

I would contact them and find out.

Thats what i told him. There is no way they could claim that on a stock block, but when i read it was a motorsport block, i told him to call them and verify it.

Thank for the info man, ill email him the link right now!

I ordered my AFR heads from them, told me I would recieve them in about 3-6 weeks.....try more like 9. And when I finally did get my heads, the head bolt reducers that I ordered with them didn't show up. I called them and they said they were "waiting on the machine shop to make some". So I guess after 9 weeks they didn't have time? Oh and then they arrived a week later...in an Edelbrock box...

I have the sportsmans block...it wont hold 700 hp thats for sure. I was told that even with a girdle 500ish was pushing it.

Ok, thanks for the input, ill pass it along to him

Good info to know... ill tell him to look around a little bit more before he buys anything.