Doin some work on the car tomarrow...any words of wisdom?

Rrich

Oct 19, 2004
tomarrow morning i am going to wake up and start about 8 or so and do some work on teh car.
-change oil pan gasket
-change fuel pump and filler pipe grommit
-change cap and rotor
-possibly put in a new thermostat
-if i have time install underdrive pulleys.

i am starting early so i know i have enough time to do the gasket and pump. other will come if time permits. I dont have access to a cherry picker, but i can safely jack up the engine by the crank pulley correct? ive searched and printed off some instructions for the gasket and pump. any new advise would be great. thanks. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Rrich said:
tomarrow morning i am going to wake up and start about 8 or so and do some work on teh car.
-change oil pan gasket
-change fuel pump and filler pipe grommit
-change cap and rotor
-possibly put in a new thermostat
-if i have time install underdrive pulleys.

i am starting early so i know i have enough time to do the gasket and pump. other will come if time permits. I dont have access to a cherry picker, but i can safely jack up the engine by the crank pulley correct? ive searched and printed off some instructions for the gasket and pump. any new advise would be great. thanks. :nice:

yes, you can jack it up on the pulley just make sure to use a block of wood, and that it's stable before you go under it. shouldn't take you more than 5 hrs, but take it slow adn double, heck, triple check everything so you dont have to come back. Good luck!:SNSign: