Doing a speech on why domestic are superior to imports

• Sponsors (?)

There really is no such thing as domestic vs. import anymore. Most of the imports manufacture in the US now. They get a bad rap because they treat their employees well and are efficient, thus making it very hard for the Union to come in. So the union then bad mouths these factories saying it takes money away from Americans, when it really just takes money away from the Union.

These days, and even more so in the future, its just going to be a question of where the corporate office is.

Ever notice how we are outsourcing jobs because its impossible to pay unionized workers with ridiculous benefits, YET, the Asian companies can come over here, where its more expensive, and are able to setup shop? The Asians are showing Americans that they know how to run a business better in our own damn country.

There's a lesson to be learned there. You could write a hell of a speech on that!

pick up some comsumer reports and jd power mags...

you may be suprised as to the "hype" of the import v. domestic reliability. Some of the new reports put ford and others above honda. The problem is its pshyc. in that people will "think" that the product they bought is "the best" to justify the purchase and make themselvs feel better. Now 20+ years ago yes the import guys were stomping the US in reliability but the build quality is preaty much on par with them now.

Yes toyota is a monster and GM is going down the tubes (alot of reasons why and none of them are going to be easy choices to make in order to fix) but to say the US product is not on par with the imports...its not so drastic anymore...and even honda is having issues with its reliability right now.

The bit threat to the ***/euro market is the Korean models...now talk about some cheap junk they have improved alot but still IMHO along way from even what the 20+ year ago domestic was at back then.

I should have clarified my purpose. We all know imports, or what were originally imports - Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc - have aspects that are superior to domestics - Ford, GMC, Chysler. My purpose is to pull out all the facts that show domestics are superior in some aspects. Remember, I'm trying to persuade the audience, even though what I'm trying to persuade them of may not be completely correct once you get down to the technicalities of it.