Door Lock/unlock Acts Weird

peterultraman

Apr 23, 2017
Hi all, sorry I'm new to this site, hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

My problem:

2002 mustang, got a vipor security system added in by the previous owner. Everything worked great since I bought the car 3 years ago until recently.

Now when I press unlock from remote, both doors unlocks, but lock themselves immediately, it turns off the alarm, so I have to manually unlock the door again using my key to get in.

Similarly, when I press lock button from remote, the alarm turns on, but doors don't actually lock. (luckily I saw it on time, for weeks anyone could've just opened my doors and taken everything) So I have to manually lock both doors lock before I press 'lock' button from remote.

lock/unlock buttons from within the car doors work fine. So I thought maybe it's the remote or the vipor security system. I replaced the remote battery but it still has the same issue.

But here's where it gets interesting.

Supposedly for my car model when I turn on the engine, both doors lock. When I shut off the engine, both doors unlock, by themselves.
They don't. When car is turned on, doors stay unlocked. When car is turned off, doors lock themselves. (reversed for some reason)

I honestly don't know what the problem could be. I already tried replacing both door actuators, tried different remotes, different keys. All have the same issue. My guess would be that the wiring has gone wrong and it's not reversed, or perhaps the security system set up by previous owner is now malfunctioning.

What are your thoughts? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)