Paint and Body Door Latch Issue

KRUISR

10 Year Member
Apr 16, 2015
1,864
999
143
Working on my son's 89 GT and having an issue with the driver side door. The manual lock rod doesn't move, the key rod doesn't move and the power door lock actuator doesn't move. The outside door handle will not open the door, but the inside door handle will.

One thought I have is the power door lock motor is seized in the lock position and not allowing the lock rod and key rods to move. That would explain why the outside door handle rod doesn't move yet the inside door handle will still open the door. I applied power (jumpered at the connector in the kick panel) and I can hear a clicking in the power door lock motor, but no movement.

A second thought I have is that my door latch mechanism is all messed up. It is locking the lock mechanism, not allowing the manual lock rod, key rod or power lock motor to move.

Looking for info from anyone that has had this kind of issue before and what they did to resolve it.