Door Locks Won't Open?

Max22

Jul 1, 2015
I have a 96 gt and all of a sudden both my door locks won't open! I even tried my spare and it didn't work. I can unlock my trunk and glove box but not the doors... I literally crawled through the trunk over my sub to unlock the doors. My year doesn't have a key fob but the car unlocks with the door buttons just fine? I've had a little trouble getting the doors unlocked the past couple of times and now it's dead in the water no matter how much I fidget they won't unlock.

Any advice?

• Sponsors (?)

It's not clear to me from your post if the doors locks are not working mechanically with the key. Or electrically.

If this is a mechanical problem then the issue has to be broken or disconnected linkage inside the door. This could be from age or a break in attempt. The best way to handle this is to take the door panel off and use a "Mark I" eyeball on it.

Only works with the electrical buttons on the door. Mechanically won't work with the keys. Okay I guess I'll tear into it then. Just didn't know if there was something I was missing since I can't open either door by key...

Is it that the key won't turn the cylinder or thar the key turns but didn't unlock the door?

If the key won't turn, see if you can't load it up with wd40. Spray it right inside the key hole. Of the key turns then proselytizing be the aforementioned lock linkage or bushings.

Is it that the key won't turn the cylinder or thar the key turns but didn't unlock the door?

If the key won't turn, see if you can't load it up with wd40. Spray it right inside the key hole. Of the key turns then proselytizing be the aforementioned lock linkage or bushings.
Like the key won't even turn. I used some on the passenger door but it didn't budge. Maybe just not enough? Haha