Driver Side Engine Mount Peg Isn't Lining Up

JasinC19

What hole is this!?!
Jun 7, 2011
Hey guys,

I am having a really hard time getting the peg to go into the hole when seating the engine on the mounts.

At one point when pulling it, the same mount got bound up and had a lot of pressure on it.

Is it possible I bent the mount? Or am I just missing something?

I didn't have this problem the last 2 times I put the engine in, but this time I am trying to do it with the trans hanging.

Help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a personal problem (JK):) a remote possibility it may have gotten bent but still possible. You need to support the trans or reinstall the trans cross member before bolting the mounts to the k-member. Hope this helps

It's very difficult to get the mounts to line up sometimes. If you can get a pry-bar between the mount and the k-member, that may help persuade the engine to slide into place.

Putting an engine back in with the transmission already sitting in the car is a real b*tch.

It's very difficult to get the mounts to line up sometimes. If you can get a pry-bar between the mount and the k-member, that may help persuade the engine to slide into place.

Putting an engine back in with the transmission already sitting in the car is a real b*tch.

Heh, yeah out of all the ways i've done it so far, leaving just the bellhousing on the engine has been the nicest so far. Leaving the trans attached is just too much bull:poo:, even with a load leveler. I haven't done it with the trans & bellhousing left in the car and hopefully never will....

I have the trans supported with a jack and I've tried jacking it up, down, front end of the car up, down, rear end up, down. It just won't line up!

That was last night at 4 am though so I am going to try again tonight when my head is straight. I have another mount I might throw on for comparison.