Driverside Sparkplugs WTF? with pics

mynumber1hater

Jul 30, 2009
Driver side spark plugs WTF?
They are about a month old, and only the driver side is like that. The pass is normal..
tagb2001.jpg

tagb2002.jpg

tagb2003.jpg

tagb2004.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

First thing I'd do is pull codes and see if you get any for O2 sensors (guessing a lean code).
Then I'd pull a compression check on that bank. You're getting oil and a lean condition at the same time, it appears. My WAG (wild ass guess) is a head gasket.

If that ends up being correct, don't forget to order yourself a new o2 sensor along with your head gaskets.

Good Luck!

First thing I'd do is pull codes and see if you get any for O2 sensors (guessing a lean code).
Then I'd pull a compression check on that bank. You're getting oil and a lean condition at the same time, it appears. My WAG (wild ass guess) is a head gasket.

If that ends up being correct, don't forget to order yourself a new o2 sensor along with your head gaskets.

Good Luck!

I just did a TOP end rebuild a month ago. All new gaskets, heads decked
30 with 1011-1 gaskets.No check engine light, but i know that does not mean there are not codes, i will check.

The Answer: You can not use the rubber End Seals that come with the Fel Pro kit. When you are using milled/decked heads. And its a good idea to use MR. Gasket ultra seal intake gaskets not "stock" fel pro.