• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Dual Center Force Clutch

  • Thread starter Thread starter crazystang05
  • Start date Start date Sep 26, 2006
C

crazystang05

New Member
Jun 21, 2004
172
0
0
Sep 26, 2006
#1
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #1
I am Going to install my Dual Center Force clutch soon. I was wondering if anyone had any input, and if i would notice a differance in peddle travle/stiffness
 

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
728
1
27
Westland, MI
Sep 26, 2006
#2
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #2
As long as you use both Centerforce bearings, all will be good. Also, seriously consider replacing your clutch fork and pivot ball at the same time. Ever since Svttech mentioned doing this a bajillion years ago, I gave it a try, and now everytime I see the word clutch on here, I have to mention it. Also, make sure to adjust the clutch cable afterwards. Let me know how you like that dual friction clutch, too. I am thinking about getting that one next.
 
P

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
1,379
1
0
Sep 26, 2006
#3
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #3
Great choice I will be getting a Centerforce DF clutch installed
in my mustang in two months from now.
Actualy I have driven a few mustangs with the Centerforce DF
clutch and it grabbed excellent in every gear.You will love it
I did because the stock OEM clutch sucks.
 
P

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
1,379
1
0
Sep 26, 2006
#4
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #4
Bump
 
C

crazystang05

New Member
Jun 21, 2004
172
0
0
Sep 27, 2006
#5
  • Sep 27, 2006
  • #5
Just wondeirng why you suggested to change the fork and pivot and use a centerforce throw out bearing...I already bought a differant through out but if it is important i can buy the centerforce
 

stangGT97

New Member
Dec 22, 2004
1,299
1
0
Boston area, MA
Sep 27, 2006
#6
  • Sep 27, 2006
  • #6
crazystang05 said:
Just wondeirng why you suggested to change the fork and pivot and use a centerforce throw out bearing...I already bought a differant through out but if it is important i can buy the centerforce
Click to expand...

The pivot ball gets grooves worn into it, which leads to stiff/rough pedal feel. The fork is cheap insurance against something breaking after you put everything back together. I would also replace the pilot bearing and check the clutch cable for excessive stretching.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
179
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
203
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
83
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
P
2002 T5 transmission vibration issue
  • puffoo
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
245
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
puffoo
P
Drivetrain Broken clutch cable- what it looks like
  • JulianR
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
641
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 10, 2026
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?