Dupont Teflon Carwax

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
DO NOT TRY IT! This stuff sucks royal azz! The shine sucks, and the worst part it trying to rub it off :nonono: I tried it on my g/f's car because we were waxing it and wanted to try a new wax, and it took me forever to wipe the little part I did off with a terry cloth towel... I ended up using a shop rag which worked better, but still took forever to get it off. I would not recomend this wax to anyone, not even someone I hate. Just thought I'd share my experience with it if anyone else was curious to how well it worked or didnt work.

• Sponsors (?)

i actually i just tried the new amour all wash/wax gel pack... this stuff is cheap and really good... no need for a bucket wet the car, squirt on the wash and clean like you normally would. Then while the car is still wet squirt on the wax (wax as you dry type stuff) and dry it with a chamoise (sp) looks pretty good and it wasn't expensive at all

91LX_5L said:
What do u mean meguires #26? I have a red car, I did meguires 3 step. What are those #'s you speak of.
Most of Meg's product are identified by 2 things 1. of course there name and 2 Meg's uses a number system. I use Meg's mirror glaze #16 and or Meg's High Tech Yellow wax #26 and use Meg's Final detail #34 for in between waxes.
Meg's #26
TN-MEG-M2616.jpg

Meg's #34
TN-MEG-M3416.jpg

Notice the #'s they use.

CManT1914 said:
Yea well turtle wax sucks too. It leaves streaks and hazy spots all over, especially on my hood. :notnice: The Dupont teflon car soap is okay I guess. As long as it doesn't cut through wax then it's fine with me.

Which turtle wax? The Ultra Gloss is nothing but shine :spot: I have a black car so any streaks or hazy spots would be easy to see.

I used meguires 83 today with a foam buffing pad and that **** worked great. The 83 is a cleaner/polisher and it left a nice shine, I need to wax it now and see how nice it'll look. That stuff took out swirl marks and light scratches. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what its really like since I didnt get a chance to see it in the sun yet.