duraspark ignition???

jcw88

Never played w/ it before so i'm still a virgin!
Mar 20, 2007
fernandina, fl
hey does anybody know anything about the durasparkII system? i am at the end of my motor swap (95gt motor in my 84 gt350) i have got a good deal from prestige mustangs for my parts, they said i would need a distribuor out of a 85gt and the ignition box.. i got the distributor and a coil but no box? i am converting to carb so i have the stock 85 intake and now i have the distributor and i have google pics of the duraspark system and it shows the box with connectors that seem to hook to the wiring harness. but i don't run a computer. is that just for efi setup and the only reason i need the duraspark is fo the steal gear?? i'm at the end and seem alittle confused.... please help so can this mule back on the road...
thanx:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i might be misunderstanding your ?? but if your cars a 84 doesn't it already have the duraspark box ( ign.modl.) if your askin how 2 hook up a duraspark from scratch. u need a box mostly all the same proably early 80's mustang get one with the blue color where the wires go into the box one plug should have 4 wires green goes 2 green on coil the other 3 go to the dist. the other plug has 2 wires this 2 are a little tricky but if u get them backwards u will know but it won't hurt just yur start and run will be backwards anyway white goes to small conn. on solenoid next to hot cable red goes to power with switch on shold be able 2 find one under the hood

i have done the hei conversion. it works fine, i put the module in the car away from heat. you can find a diagram online i am sure, that is where i got my info. make sure the distributor you have is from an 85 gt with manual trans or it will not have the steel gear on it. now i just have msd box on a duraspark dizzy because it is more of a simple install.