Dyno tune??

I was thinking of taking my 89 to go get dyno tuned, its a 347 stroker. they charge 150 an hr to tune it for u and 75 just to run it urself with 3 runs. its a shop called hp racing. any imput or experience with tuning? Is it worth it or should i just keep it as is? I have no problems with it. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

well you need to tell us a bit more about your set-up. If it's a mild build you can probably get away without one but the only safe way to keep your engine running is to have some one professionally tune it. The price seems about average. How would they tune it? Chip, PMS, or Tweecer to name a few? What do you have? You'll not only have a safer set-up but more power as well.

well I got a holley systemax intake II, 185 tfs heads,trick flow stage 1 cam, 32lb injectors, 4.10 gears in the rearend, a/c delete kit. 130 amp alternator, 70mm throttle body,the block is an eagle block w forged pistions and a forged crank, and im about to put nitrous. and i honestly have no idea how they r gonna tune it, i just called and asked how much it would be to run my car on the dyno and the told me 75 for 3 runs and for them to tune it 150 an hr i didnt even know there was different ways of tunning!

well I got a holley systemax intake II, 185 tfs heads,trick flow stage 1 cam, 32lb injectors, 4.10 gears in the rearend, a/c delete kit. 130 amp alternator, 70mm throttle body,the block is an eagle block w forged pistions and a forged crank, and im about to put nitrous. and i honestly have no idea how they r gonna tune it, i just called and asked how much it would be to run my car on the dyno and the told me 75 for 3 runs and for them to tune it 150 an hr i didnt even know there was different ways of tunning!

Well its all tuned essentially the same. For your basic tune a "CHIP" is burned and put into your computer for your setup. Problem with a chip is its useless once you add a different part. I use Anderson Fords Programmable Engine management system or PMS for short, it elimates the need for a chip and you can adjust fuel/air/timing etc with it. Youd never need another chip burned ever again, its essentially its own adjustable chip, it however is close 1,000 bucks