E-fan Relay Wiring Diagram

redneck15431

May 13, 2006
Hello all,

I just finished installing an electric fan in my car, and I remember some time ago, somewhere, seeing a wiring diagram for a temperature controlled relay that will kick the fan on once the engine reaches a certain temperature. I currently have it wired up on a single pole, double throw switch (ON-OFF-ON) with one side of the switch being a manual over-ride, and the other ON position reserved for a temperature controlled relay. I know there are kits that can be bought specifically for this purpose, but I would rather save some money and buy the components or use what I have laying around in the garage. I already have an enclosure for the circuit and relay and would like to use it with a PCB mounted inside or something of those sorts. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and am very comfortable and experienced with soldering and being creative and whatnot, but I would like to save myself the time in research in hopes that someone here has already done it themselves or has a link to a wiring diagram. I've seen it before a long time ago but can't seem to relocate it.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)