e85 kit for 99 gt

atomicfox237

Jul 22, 2023
I am trying to figure out a way to run e85 on my mustang and have found this kit online from eflexfuel. It comes with a sensor that auto adjusts the tune because I want to have the flexibility to switch between 91 and e85 whenever I want. However, I have a couple questions. I have a on3 turbo kit on the car and I am trying to figure out if the flex fuel sensor will mess with my tune. Also, does just putting e85 on the car give it more power or would I have to tune it? I am pushing a good amount of power right now and don't want to go too much higher because I want to stay on the safe side. I have a e85 fuel pump from DW but I do not believe my injectors can run e85. Would that be something that would be a problem? I also have stock fuel lines. Any information would be very helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

If you already have a tuner on the car then you will need the tuner to include the addition of the sensor in the tune.

You [could] otherwise just get an E85 tune and put it on a switch but I like the idea of the sensor better. :nice:

Unless you use an aftermarket cumperter management system I don't belive the older setups will allow for this.... computers have to adjust timing and fuel and adjust by octane rating and without VCT and all other mechanical upgrades to today's sensors I don't think it's possible.....that's why older cars need a few custom tunes to load up...if I an wrong, please educate me..

I know that on3 has a fuel system they sell with tank, pump, and lines for around 1000 for e85 conversion...