• Total voters

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Chengdu Province
Murdered out:
545595_10150627665664639_540989638_9316281_587353489_n.jpg

(Stole that pic from this thread: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/jsut-picked-up-a-1986-gt.854467/ )

Grey trim:
DSCN0577.jpg

I thought I wanted to black out all the trim on my car, but now I'm on the fence. Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Leave it. Whats the point of trim if it blends in?

I think on black cars, it begins to look too "busy". There's almost too much grey going on for what is supposed to be a black car.

I'm also considering possibly blacking out everything but the headlight buckets, belt molding, and the sail panel- leaving those a grey color.

So you can see why I struggle- all of these have body colored trim, and look great, IMO.

25335d1324161395-help-getting-ready-do-sn95-brake-swap-my-fox-body-silver-mustang.jpg

125302d1300820141-best-foxbody-color-m5lp_0604_01_z-1992_ford_mustang_lx-front_view.jpg

joesimg19591024pxqj2.jpg

capri0005.jpg

DSC03838-1.jpg

parked1.jpg

844.jpg

mach1wheels5.jpg

stolen1.jpg

IDK man. You bring up a good point. But I like your car as it sits.

I should also point out that my car is all black and the first chance I get, I'm doing a color change. Deep crimson with the cowl part of the hood flat black. All trim body color.

***Edit - I just realized I completely contradicted my original point and switch my vote. Murder away.

I think on black cars, it begins to look too "busy". There's almost too much grey going on for what is supposed to be a black car.

I'm also considering possibly blacking out everything but the headlight buckets, belt molding, and the sail panel- leaving those a grey color.

So you can see why I struggle- all of these have body colored trim, and look great, IMO.

25335d1324161395-help-getting-ready-do-sn95-brake-swap-my-fox-body-silver-mustang.jpg

Get me another towel.:drool:

Reactions: 1 users
Hard to say. Both look pretty good on your car Nik. I think the Centerlines on the car in the first pic are what's throwing me off. I'd have to see it with your Mach 1 wheels on it to really know for certain?

IDK man. You bring up a good point. But I like your car as it sits.

I should also point out that my car is all black and the first chance I get, I'm doing a color change. Deep crimson with the cowl part of the hood flat black. All trim body color.

***Edit - I just realized I completely contradicted my original point and switch my vote. Murder away.

Haha OK.

Get me another towel.:drool:

Again, agreed. That stance is perfect.

Hard to say. Both look pretty good on your car Nik. I think the Centerlines on the car in the first pic are what's throwing me off. I'd have to see it with your Mach 1 wheels on it to really know for certain?

With that in mind, anyone up for some photochopping? It might be easiest to black out the trim on my car rather than splice my wheels onto the other car.

Murder it. It's already a black car, may as well make it a black car, BLACK I SAY!!!!

with a "c"... see what I did there?

I was going to black out my trim, until I saw this car. Being that I too will have the anthracite 10th ann. wheels, I fell in love with the grey trim... If you are keeping your wheels for the long term, then murder your car for sure. Its so clean looking with a shiney wheel.

Cobrawheels.jpg