Eaton Vs Auburn

• Sponsors (?)

Its like asking whats better afr165 or trickflow tw heads?

All us auburn pro owners will say get the auburn, and the eaton owners will say get the eaton :)

I have had zero issues with my auburn, my friend has one as well(11 sec car) no probs there either. Hes the reason i went with it.

swingline said:
I have heard just as many bad as good about both of them. One thing to keep in mind is that the Eaton is rebuildable. I will probably go with which ever one is cheaper when I get mine.

Yep, Eaton you can rebuild yourself and the Auburn has to be sent back to the company for repairs. They're both very good units though.

I've heard more bad than good in both the Auburn and Eaton, so asking which is better would get you nothing more than a subjective answer at best. In an overall strength test, I'd buy the Auburn just because the clutch packs in the Eaton look "mickey moused." However, I'd buy the Eaton just because it's rebuildable. In all fairness, I've never seen any kind of Auburn product, so my opinion should not be taken for anything more than words on a computer screen.

Joe

yes this is kind of a goofy question to ask.. i have ran both auburn & eaton units.. both are very good.. the eaton is rebuildable, as opposed to sending it back to auburn.. its like asking whats better griggs or maximuim motorsports.. oh wait we knwo that answer... griggs.. but i would say eaton just for the fact i can rebuildit myself

yellow1995Cobra said:
All us auburn pro owners will say get the auburn, and the eaton owners will say get the eaton :)

Not me.......

I have an Auburn Pro. It gets a little noisy and grabby at low speeds sometimes. I'll go with an Eaton next time for 2 reasons, it's better for road racing and it's rebuildable.