ebay drilled rotors

Gentlemen, will need to replace rotors soon due to some mild warping. I see the ads on Ebay for 4 drilled and slotted rotors for about $175 with ceramic pads. Wondered if anyone has bought them and are they good quality.

Thanks, Lonestar

• Sponsors (?)

I bought those from Ebay - drilled/slotted, zinc coated rotors with ceramic pads about 8 months ago and paid 186.00 ship included.. They look awesome and stop dead on a dime. After about 6 months or so, when it rains you will notice slight rust on your rotor faces but as soon as brakes are applied they are shiny again.

My opinion is that slotted and drilled rotors are purely for appearance in street applications. They have little to no change in stopping distance or performance. In fact, it reduced the contact area of the pad, which can hurt stopping distance. Your brakes just won't get hot enough on the street to make them effective. Plus, they tend to crack.

I had a set of cross drilled and slotted, vented rotors on my Camaro from rotorpros who sell on ebay ... ran them for maybe 7k miles and was quite pleased. I think I paid about $175 for a full set of 4. Sold that car before I could put some real miles on them, but yeah, aside from them surface rusting in wet conditions like any other rotors, they seemed pretty decent for the price IMO.

Look for the ebay seller brakemotive.

Their rotors are some of the better quality and are made by Powerstop. I called them to order just slotted ones because I do not trust a non OEM drilled one. Their rotors are zinc coated and their ceramic pads dont have anything wrong with them. I will be buying another set of front rotors and their pads so I can use my current fronts (slotted rotors & Hawk HP+ pads) for autocross and my one open track day.

Brakemotive on ebay is a great company. They sell great brake rotors and pads. I have used them on all my cars for years with plenty of abuse and they have held up great. You cannot beat 160 bucks for the whole set, and whoever talks junk about their products has not tested them and is just speaking from opinion, well i speak from experience. They are well worth it, myself and alot of my friends use their stuff for mustangs and all other kinds of cars foreign and domestic. Get them i guarantee you will love them.

And yes they are better performance wise, i can drive my car harsh and when i come back home i can touch the rotor and its cool to the touch, try doing that on a rotor thats not drilled and slotted you will burn your skin right off.

just because they are "ebay rotors" doesn't deem them junk. ebay doesn't manufacture the items sold.

i got mine from ebay for my 95. a company named Gripforce. i was very pleased. they were drilled and slotted and also came zinc coated for rust resistance. very nice set. they used stock calipers ( which i repainted ).

i spent the extra money and got Ford Motorcraft pads from my local dealership - minimal dust.

the rotors themselves i got for around $130 shipped, all 4. they also looked great behind my black wheels. ran them for a couple of years with no cracking or warping.