Ebay Racing Seats

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone run these style seats off ebay in their stang?How are they fit wise ,and are they comfortable for everyday driving?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-JDM-Blac...Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_8408wt_932

Well Frank, (Any Relation to Thomas?) Those seats are not any particular bargain. At first glance It's hard to believe that they are selling two of them for the 115.00 price, but they are charging 125.00 to ship them. For a little more,(145.00 ea. shipped) you can get the same seats from Jegs, or Summit and have the piece of mind that they will get to you, and if you don't like them they will take em back.
sum-g1159-2_w.jpg

I've had these. And for the price, they were nice enough. The only complaint is that that reclining knob is also how you have to tilt the seat forward to allow rear seat passengers in or out. (Takes about a bazillion turns to tilt it all the way forward, then all the way back)

Well Frank, (Any Relation to Thomas?) Those seats are not any particular bargain. At first glance It's hard to believe that they are selling two of them for the 115.00 price, but they are charging 125.00 to ship them. For a little more,(145.00 ea. shipped) you can get the same seats from Jegs, or Summit and have the piece of mind that they will get to you, and if you don't like them they will take em back.
sum-g1159-2_w.jpg

I've had these. And for the price, they were nice enough. The only complaint is that that reclining knob is also how you have to tilt the seat forward to allow rear seat passengers in or out. (Takes about a bazillion turns to tilt it all the way forward, then all the way back)
I used to have a VW that I had to do that to the seats. Thats good info. its enough to steer me away from those.

to the OP I would hunt for some old flo-fits. They are worth getting re-upholstered if they are beat up. Also get some measurements for the fox seats and head to the JY. The imports usually have much better seating and on half off days you can really steal a set of seats.

I dunno what your plans are for your car (DD or toy) but I've been doin some hunting for my deathtrap 5.0 project. I found these Summit seats to be the best option for those of us just looking for a cheap way to upgrade the interior and drop a few pounds. Them stock seats way a TON. $200 for 2 seats with sliders, covers and brackets seems like a sweet deal to me....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-CSUM2302/
Yeah,.......Sweet like a lime. Those plastic seats suck. They are far from an "upgrade" to any interior. If there was ever a seat that reaked of 14 second bracket racer, those are it. OP would be a bazillion times better off getting the seats he originally asked for, as opposed to those .....whadya call em?........seats? The weight you save will be from the blood loss out of your ass after the hemmorroids flare up due to lack of cushoning in those sweeties.:nonono:
But that's just me.
P.S. Op also passed on the original seat because they had to have a knob turned to get them to tilt forward or recline back.....where is the recline mechanism on the Plasticaro's you linked?

sum-g1159-2_w.jpg

Wow...talk about a major design flaw. I wonder if you could put the seat bottom and back rest parts on stock Ford hinges and fix this?

Wow...talk about a major design flaw. I wonder if you could put the seat bottom and back rest parts on stock Ford hinges and fix this?
Well when you think of it, how many times are you letting people in or out of a back seat in a fox? The benefit to the seat far outweighs the inconvenience of a knob tilt mechanism. For the price, they were damn comfortable (all the way to Nashville and back in the TT conquest) and there is the same "planted" confidence that comes w/ a recaro or corbeau for about 1/3rd the price. I cannot testify as to how they hold up, I only had the car for 8 months, but again, as little as most of us drive these cars,........they'd last a fairly long time.

Well when you think of it, how many times are you letting people in or out of a back seat in a fox? The benefit to the seat far outweighs the inconvenience of a knob tilt mechanism. For the price, they were damn comfortable (all the way to Nashville and back in the TT conquest) and there is the same "planted" confidence that comes w/ a recaro or corbeau for about 1/3rd the price. I cannot testify as to how they hold up, I only had the car for 8 months, but again, as little as most of us drive these cars,........they'd last a fairly long time.

For me, actually it's almost every time i drive mine because i have two kids who ride with me in the back. If it wasn't for the kids i would probably just throw a roll cage in it and Kirkeys in it and be done with it. I'm about to throw some Corbeau CR1's in mine if i ever finish the interior.