edelbrock replacment bolts??

• Sponsors (?)

Same Question, as my Edelbrock Performer RPM intake showed up without any hardware. I found the instruction manual for the Performer 5.0, not the RPM, on Jegs. It's given a couple clues:

1713045670736.png

1713045688590.png

I've spent some time on this, today. Wish this info was easier to find. I actually don't trust the above, because that info is for a Performer 5.0, not a Performer RPM. The intake takes four 1/8 NPT vacuum hose barb fittings, and two 3/8 NPT Vacuum Fittings (Tees for me).

For bolts,
2x4.7" ARP Carb Studs (ARP 200-2405). The longest carb stud I could find on Summit.
I ordered the sizes indicated above, but also ordered a pack of 1.7" carb studs, just in case, as I think the 4 bolts on the Driver's side of the intake should be about 0.2" longer than the passenger side. So, I can use the 1 3/8" with the 1 1/2" if the manual is correct for the RPM intake, or I can use the 1 1/2 & the 1.7" studs if they need to be slightly longer.

I'm actually a bit worried they'll need to be longer still. I did a lot of measuring out in the garage, today, and it indicated that I needed longer studs, but I think the 18-pitch threads on the intake side were longer on the ones I used than on the Carb Studs I'm seeing on Summit. I'll follow up, eventually, though it may be months or even years before I put this build together.

Last edited:
I used the ARP studs on my stock 83 intake..
They were a bit spendy, but I did see somewhere there was a cheaper option.( Summit or Amazon maybe??)
A great way to install your intake and gaskets.. No movement...
DSCF1346.JPG

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
Just throwing this out there. Get some all thread from the hardware store and this will allow you to make studs for the upper to lower. I did this on my RPM II which allowed me to drive it until the studs Inordered from McMaster/Carr came in and I swapped them out one by one. Reason for this is the 1” billet spacer to clear the Motorsport valve covers.

The lower to the heads is studded as well and I used studs from OReillys. Was years ago so I don’t remember the part numbers.

• Useful
I think this is the installation instructions for the Performer RPM. Took some digging.

Attachments

• Edelbrock Performer RPM 5.0 (7126) Installation Instructions.pdf
    356.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Nailed it! You're better at google-fu than me, it seems.

Let's see how I did:
1713136488117.png

1713136458371.png

So, they used bolts instead of studs in all but the outer two Driver's side studs. 1 3/8" was correct for them. So, I'm in good shape there. The other 2 Driver's side studs might be slightly short since they're calling for 4.75" bolts and I got studs, which'll need ~0.3" more for the nut to go on top. All 4 passenger side bolts are 1 1/4. So, the 1 1/2" studs should give the extra room I need for the nuts.

So, I guess that's a win. I shouldn't need the 1.7" studs. We'll just have to see if the 4.7" studs will work, and I would have gone to 5" studs, but they didn't sell any on Summit and I thought I could get away with it. I'm thinking it's gonna be ok. Might have to use a little blue loc-tite on those two and thread them a little shallower... maybe not torque 'em as much if they don't have enough threaded on the bottom-end. *crosses fingers*

Thank you, @AeroCoupe

How are we overthinking? Those studs are 2-7/8” long. So, they will not fit anything for the Edelbrock RPM intake. Glad it worked for the Victor EFI, though. It's good to have another data point on the forum for those who come looking.