Exhaust Egr / Ac Delete Questions

k00ksta

May 13, 2007
Chicago
Hey guys I am about to rip the AC and the Smog pump out of my car and do the belt re-routing pictured here ..
beltrouting.jpg

Now what do I have to do with any of the AC Lines or anything with the Smog pump after I pull these out? I would love to yank out as much as possible as I will never use the AC and this car is emissions exempt being a 1995. Also will this trip anything in the computer having these removed? Any input would be appreciated .. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

No problems with the computer. Not sure if you still have your smog line hooked up to the exhaust or not. There is a tube that runs from the smog deliver to the back off the cylinder heads. it's call the thermactor tube (stupid Ford word). You can unbolt the tube from the back of the heads. There are special plugs that screw into the back of the heads to plug them. There is another tube that runs down to the exhaust pipe that you can remove.

There are a 4 colored vacuum hoses that run all your emission control devices. Unfortunately if you still have an EGR, you can't remove that entire system. Remove the two colored vacuum lines that go to the smog control valves and stick a bolt in them to seal them up.

You can remove all the AC lines completely. In order to remove the condensor you will have to pull the radiator, or at least move it back enough to get to the bolts. All of those connections are quick disconnect fittings. You can remove the bracket that holds the dryer to the firewall. The only thing not practical to remove is the evaporator core. I would just take rubber heater caps and put them over the ends for a cleaner look.

If you have an original AC compressor, and it still works, take care to store it well. The aftermarket replacement compressors available are not rebuilt anywhere near the original standard, and an original one is worth good money. Make sure you store it with AC oil still in it, and cap the ends of the lines to keep moisture out. Keep it in a dry place if at all possible. Someone like me will come around and pay you good money for it when they need one.

Kurt

I just put your thread title together with the body. Did you want to remove the EGR, or not? If you pull the EGR, you will need to do something to the tune.

Kurt