Egr delete damage ?

Was wondering if the plate my buddy made to delete egr would hurt my car by leaning it out or just cause damage to the car in any way ,I had a lot of sludge in pendlum and we figured it was coming from the egr so we mad a plate like the one shown and put it between the pendlum and egr valve.
C325E8E2-632D-4F25-BC24-03D6F52C4FE8.png

• Sponsors (?)

My take. Not enough EGR flow will not cause driveability issues. It will cause the car not to meet SMOG standards (NOX too high from excessive combustion temperatures).

Too MUCH EGR will cause driveability issues. The usual symptom is a reduction in power and symptoms similar to misfires.

EGR is normally considered an inert gas (combustion wise). Sludge is not a normal by product of excessive EGR flow.

The usual cause of excessive intake sludge is excessive crank case blow by (piston rings) or not enough crank case venting (PCV).

Regarding the DTC P0401 is that really a surprise as the EGR has been blocked off?

The P0100 DTC indicates not all readiness tests have completed. The tests can't complete because of the outstanding EGR DTC.

>>
P0401 - EGR Flow Insufficient Detected
  • Vacuum supply
  • EGR valve stuck closed
  • EGR valve leaks vacuum
  • EGR flow path restricted
  • EGRVR circuit shorted to PWR
  • VREF open to D.P.F. EGR sensor
  • D.P.F. EGR sensor downstream hose off or plugged
  • EGRVR circuit open to PCM
  • VPWR open to EGRVR solenoid
  • D.P.F. EGR sensor hoses both off