Egr Delete

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard that the cheap way of doing it, without the eliminator from RJM, is to put the EGR position sensor in a neutral position, and permanently lock it in that position, so the ECM never sees the EGR as open, so it never goes into that mode.

I have used RJM's stuff, including a full harness, and can't speak highly enough of the quality.

There is plenty of benefit from not pumping hot, oxygen deficient air into your engine. The OP asked for people not to dispute this in his thread, but just give him the tech info.

Um, take it all out pretty much is all you have to do.

You can't just remove it without shutting the function out of the ECM somehow.
The ECM will still act like the parts are present, even if they are gone, and it will run the EGR program, which not only operates the stuff you took off, but also changes your fuel delivery and timing. It will keep making these changes, assuming the EGR stuff is in place. Then when the O2 sensors dispute this, it will try even harder while throwing a code.

you'll need to shut the egr function off,you can get a moates quarterhorse and do this and also tune for any other upgrades you do.

I have the EGR mil eliminator that others have posted. Its worked quite well. Check engine cel comes on right away. With the eliminator, its good. Passed right through emissions in NJ too with a high flow catted x pipe. Shocking cause NJ is pretty tough on emissions.

You can't just remove it without shutting the function out of the ECM somehow.
The ECM will still act like the parts are present, even if they are gone, and it will run the EGR program, which not only operates the stuff you took off, but also changes your fuel delivery and timing. It will keep making these changes, assuming the EGR stuff is in place. Then when the O2 sensors dispute this, it will try even harder while throwing a code.

I am aware.

There is plenty of benefit from not pumping hot, oxygen deficient air into your engine.

It's only operating during cruise, not WOT or idle. There are legit reasons to want to delete it, but that is not one of them. If anything, that inert air being pumped in helps fuel economy.

And in reality, the best answer is to simply remove it. It will trip a code and the computer with turn the EGR function off while the code is displayed. It's when guys try to run eliminators and such to turn off the CEL that there tends to be issues. Fooling the computer into thinking the EGR is working when it's not could cause lean issues. It's best to just delete it and tune it out or just leave it alone vs using resistors and EGR eliminators.

If your EGR is working fine and you have a basically stock engine setup, just leave it alone. It's not worth the potential issues that may arise.