EGR solenoid and cannister purge valve questions

tuhockey11

Apr 7, 2003
PA
Let me start by saying I have just searched through 8 or so pages, and have not found the answers I need:D Anyways, as some of you have noticed, I have been going through my recently purchased 92 GT trying to reconnect the mess of missing vacuum lines the prevous owner left me. I have pretty much everything figured out except for two things. 1) What exaclty does the EVR solenoid look like? I know it should be on the pass side strut tower, but I dont see it there. All I see are two solenoids on one metal plate bolted to the shock tower (I assume these are the TAD and TAB solenoids which I dont need as there is no smog pump on the car) Also, if it is missing and I have to buy a new one, how do the vac lines go? Which port does the manifold vaccum go into and which port goes to the EGR valve itself? 2) I am also trying to replace the vaccum line to the ccharcoal cannister. I have the line in place, but had to buy a new purge valve due to not having one. Which side goes to the cannister and which gets vaccum from the manifold? Or does it matter? Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Sponsors (?)

The EVR solenoid is mounted directly above the TAB and TAD solenoids. Yours is apparently missing.

The following picture is upside down of how it would be mounted, but it does show what it looks like.

getimage.php

Hopefully this is of some help, this next image shows the EVR in the upper left hand corner and it's vacuum connections. The Vacuum canister/purge solenoid is in the lower right hand corner.

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg