electric oil pressure gauge

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
What's up

Do any of you guys have picture of how you did this? Is there any way both the autometer oil pressure gauge and factory one can work together?

What is the easiest way? and how you guys did it? The sender that autometer came with is too big and i have no idea where to mount this thing...

Some photos will be great help :)

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have an Autometer oil pressure gauge and the factory gauge both hooked up right now. I bought a parts motor last year and the pipe that the factory sender mounts to had an additional fitting on the side of it. I never saw one like it before. It looked factory to me but I don't know what it would have came on originally. The parts motor I believe was from a 80's model Crown Vic. I tried to take a photo of it. It works real well for my setup.

In my sig, check out the 1994 Cobra Page. On page 4, you can see how I did it. That part is from a older fox body. I had the shop cut it down, rethread it, and add another hole for the 8an line to the electric sender. Worked like a champ. Cost about $30.

In my sig, check out the 1994 Cobra Page. On page 4, you can see how I did it. That part is from a older fox body. I had the shop cut it down, rethread it, and add another hole for the 8an line to the electric sender. Worked like a champ. Cost about $30.

This is great idea, I already have the fox oil sender tube,

Can you tell me what the size was on all the fittings you use? do you mind giving us the parts list? such as how long was the line and an fitting sizes etc etc

Thanks

I have an Autometer oil pressure gauge and the factory gauge both hooked up right now. I bought a parts motor last year and the pipe that the factory sender mounts to had an additional fitting on the side of it. I never saw one like it before. It looked factory to me but I don't know what it would have came on originally. The parts motor I believe was from a 80's model Crown Vic. I tried to take a photo of it. It works real well for my setup.

This is great idea as well, :nice: What size line did you use? and you drilled the hole to what size?

Thanks

I didn't drill it, it was that way when I got it. I sold the parts motor, but kept this piece. Like I said, it looked stock, but maybe someone had it done. Anyways, I kept the stock electric sender on the end of it and hooked up the Autometer gauge with a Summit 6 ft braided line (SUM-G2959). It is a -4an line with -4an fittings on each end. I used one of the of the adapter fittings that came with the gauge, I think it was 1/4npt. But if you make one you could tap it to whatever you need.

Did you read Ernan's thread (If you open Eddie's link above, that thread has a link from Eddie that takes you to Ernan's thread)? It outlines the fittings with pictures and sizes.

This is great idea, I already have the fox oil sender tube,

Can you tell me what the size was on all the fittings you use? do you mind giving us the parts list? such as how long was the line and an fitting sizes etc etc

Thanks

I'll be honest, this was years ago. I really don't remember what the sizes were. I took the factory sender, 36" 4an line and necessary fittings to the machinist, and he made it all work for me with no issues.