Electrical Gurus inside please! Bad ground? (o2s)

BoostedSN95

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2000
cc,tx
Hey guys most of you remember I am in the process of tweecing and I wanted to verify all of my wiring/grounds are good because of the way my 02s were responding.

I was analyzing my wiring system and found something I thought to be pecuiliar. I am not sure if any one will be able to help but here it is.

At the o2 sensor there is a red/grey wire on both o2 sensors that is spliced together from the factory and runs back to the main plug in on the injector harness. Some where along the lines it is spliced several times and connects to just about every major sensor: EGR, IAT (actully green wire on my car for some reason), ECT, TPS and more. Essentially I believe this to be a signal return (SIG RTN) at the EEC (pin 46). Unfoturnately I have not found an accurate 94-95 diagram online that shows this. Haynes/Chilton shows what I am saying.

Nevertheless this grey/red wire is continuous with everything it should be. BUT it is also continuous with ground. Does anyone know if this should be that way? I can not see it going to ground anywhere on the diagram. If it is not suppose could it be a bad eec. By the way it is continous with the ground at the drivers head light harness, not the the ground on the starter wiring.

let me know what you guys think...

• Sponsors (?)