Electrical Problems...Updated FIXED!!!!
Ok, I have posted on this before, but I feel I need to sum it all into one thread. (My vehicle is a '93 5.0 LX Coupe)
1. The first problem I can recall was the driver side mirror (power) trying to go all the way to the left when I opened the door one time. (This happened again today when about to leave for work). At the time I couldn't get it to repeat, so I ignored it and it didn't happen again.
2. The second issue was when I came home from work one day (radio jammin of course), pulled into the drive, turned off the key, and the radio kept jammin! This, of course was not supposed to happen. After some research and advice on this forum seen here... http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=553208
I changed the ignition switch, and it seemed to fix the problem for about 4 months.
3. The third issue was when I did the power door lock motor swap. The locks work but the switch on the driver's side door does not work. I have not had time to troubleshoot this problem other than to ohm out the switches to see if the acted the same on both sides (they do).
4. Last weekend #2 happened again (I guess $hit happens
) so I replaced the switch again (this time from a different autoparts store). Everything seemed fine all week.
5. Leaving work today when I opened the door the power mirror on the driver's side bugged out again, when I put the control to that side, it stops bugging out. It's weird.
6. Finally, today, I got home from work, wipers on and radio jammin, turned off the key and everything acted properly (radio and wipers off). Went inside and abotu 1.5 hours later I took the dog out. Outside I heard my radio jammin and the wipers went across the windsheild...WTF!!!
So now I am asking for help again on this forum. I plan to take off the driver's side kick panel tomorrow to try and find the harness. Since things seem to be having trouble on that side (door lock switch and power mirror) I think it is a good place to start. I will examine and report back to this thread. In the mean time, please feel free to offer any advice or ideas that may help.
Also, about 2 years ago I had an alternator fire (minor and caught quickly, no damage accept the alternator) because of the connector melting and shorting. I replaced it all at the time, but it may be significant info now.
Ok, I have posted on this before, but I feel I need to sum it all into one thread. (My vehicle is a '93 5.0 LX Coupe)
1. The first problem I can recall was the driver side mirror (power) trying to go all the way to the left when I opened the door one time. (This happened again today when about to leave for work). At the time I couldn't get it to repeat, so I ignored it and it didn't happen again.
2. The second issue was when I came home from work one day (radio jammin of course), pulled into the drive, turned off the key, and the radio kept jammin! This, of course was not supposed to happen. After some research and advice on this forum seen here... http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=553208
I changed the ignition switch, and it seemed to fix the problem for about 4 months.
3. The third issue was when I did the power door lock motor swap. The locks work but the switch on the driver's side door does not work. I have not had time to troubleshoot this problem other than to ohm out the switches to see if the acted the same on both sides (they do).
4. Last weekend #2 happened again (I guess $hit happens
) so I replaced the switch again (this time from a different autoparts store). Everything seemed fine all week.5. Leaving work today when I opened the door the power mirror on the driver's side bugged out again, when I put the control to that side, it stops bugging out. It's weird.
6. Finally, today, I got home from work, wipers on and radio jammin, turned off the key and everything acted properly (radio and wipers off). Went inside and abotu 1.5 hours later I took the dog out. Outside I heard my radio jammin and the wipers went across the windsheild...WTF!!!
So now I am asking for help again on this forum. I plan to take off the driver's side kick panel tomorrow to try and find the harness. Since things seem to be having trouble on that side (door lock switch and power mirror) I think it is a good place to start. I will examine and report back to this thread. In the mean time, please feel free to offer any advice or ideas that may help.
Also, about 2 years ago I had an alternator fire (minor and caught quickly, no damage accept the alternator) because of the connector melting and shorting. I replaced it all at the time, but it may be significant info now.
imagine that!) Anyway, thanks for the help. Here is a picture of the car currently.