Emblem Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
I get the "Is that a 5.0" question all the damn time. I've gotten it so much that I went out and bought the "4.6L V8" hood scoop decal back when I had the GT hood. That **** drives me nuts.

• Sponsors (?)

My favorite badges are the plain ole "GT" that's on the 99-04s. My vote is to leave it. I have considered putting a set of those on my car. Might nab one from my granddad's car and see how it looks.

Afew years back I started my Mach up and a guy walked over and asked if I had a 351 or 428 in it. :rlaugh:

Haha. Here's a conversation I've had more than once:

Them: "So, does that have a 302?"
Me: "Nope, it has a 4.6."
Them: "Oh, well, I don't know nothing bout them there liters. What's that in inches?"
Me: "281."
Them: "Oh, so it's slower than the old 5.0s?"
Me: ":lol: Not quite, but you can believe that if it makes you feel better. :rlaugh:"

:rolleyes:

My favorite badges are the plain ole "GT" that's on the 99-04s. My vote is to leave it. I have considered putting a set of those on my car. Might nab one from my granddad's car and see how it looks.

Haha. Here's a conversation I've had more than once:

Them: "So, does that have a 302?"
Me: "Nope, it has a 4.6."
Them: "Oh, well, I don't know nothing bout them there liters. What's that in inches?"
Me: "281."
Them: "Oh, so it's slower than the old 5.0s?"
Me: ":lol: Not quite, but you can believe that if it makes you feel better. :rlaugh:"

:rolleyes:

Hey I open my hood for one guy and he said "is that a v6?" :(

Hey I open my hood for one guy and he said "is that a v6?" :(

:rlaugh: That really made me bust out laughing....

The 5.0 questions are really annoying, and then they think since its not a 5.0 its slow...even though a stock 5.0 fox is slower than a stock 4.6.....but most the fox bodies I see are far from stock.

I think Ford came back out with the 5.0 because of this...but now when people ask if its a 5.0 I will only be thinking of the new stangs...and that makes me sad:(

I second that! :nice:
I have people ask me all the time is that a GT or a V6?

I would love to convert the outside appearance of my car to a V6. Lose the scoops and wing, switch to V6 badges, and even lose the tailpipes, dump the exhaust right after the mufflers and go with the V6 rear bumper. That combined with FRPP B springs and DD bullit wheels would look cool, me thinks.

:flag:

I had the same problem. My car came with Nissan Skyline "Gt" Emblems :nonono:

They didn't Say skyline, but instead just "gt". At first I couldn't figure out where that "gt" emblem was from. It wasn't after some research that I actually found out they came from a skyline.

So I immediately got rid of the emblems and bought the 4.6 high performance (Because in my opinion the Gt emblems are too big, but that's just me :shrug: ) To my surprise the 4.6 was as big if not bigger than the stock gt emblems. So i purchased the "V8" emblems and I love them. They are really small and don't look too flashy if that makes sense. Their size is just enough to cover the holes on the fender. I would definitely have gone with the no emblem route but the v8 was a easier, cheaper, and faster way to cover the holes.

I hope this info helps you out.

gtemblems.jpg

I think I am going to get rid of my gt badges and get cobra snakes, GT-500 stickers, saleen stickers.. All of them on the car at the same time so people will think my car is a bad ass cobra-gt-500-saleen.

Maybe I will stick several of the new 5.0 stickers on it too so people think i am super bad ass and swapped a new 5.0 in my cobra-gt500-saleen.

I think I am going to get rid of my gt badges and get cobra snakes, GT-500 stickers, saleen stickers.. All of them on the car at the same time so people will think my car is a bad ass cobra-gt-500-saleen.

Maybe I will stick several of the new 5.0 stickers on it too so people think i am super bad ass and swapped a new 5.0 in my cobra-gt500-saleen.

:lol::rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh::lol:

I can't tell you how many people ask me if I have a 5.0 in my car. Whenever I tell them it's a 4.6, they say "oh, it's just a V-6 huh" F'n dummies if they knew anything about anything they'd know just by hearing my car that it isn't a V-6. Probably have no idea the "new" 5.0 is a DOHC motor while the old 5.0 was a pushrod motor.... I hate dumb people...

Love my Centennial!!!!! Honestly though there’s not a badge I don’t like.

Attachments

• E0EA82A2-611C-42A2-BF05-A5385617851F.jpeg
    E0EA82A2-611C-42A2-BF05-A5385617851F.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 2490D02B-C1A2-4622-B4ED-CC99A3084F17.jpeg
    2490D02B-C1A2-4622-B4ED-CC99A3084F17.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 221944AA-CD41-4979-AA2C-C58252E6ED34.png
    221944AA-CD41-4979-AA2C-C58252E6ED34.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 63