• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

Emergency Brake Cable

  • Thread starter Thread starter thobecat
  • Start date Start date May 2, 2017
T

thobecat

Member
Sep 22, 2011
48
0
6
May 2, 2017
#1
  • May 2, 2017
  • #1
I have a 69 Mach 1 I am putting back together after having a whole new floor put in and I was wondering if anyone has a picture of how the emergency brake cable runs thru the subfamily on both sides inner and outer? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
 
T

thobecat

Member
Sep 22, 2011
48
0
6
May 4, 2017
#2
  • May 4, 2017
  • #2
I am wanting to know where I can get a bracket like the 1 on that drivers side of this picture for my brake cable? I had a new floor installed in my car and they never saved my old bracket now I have no where to put my cable. Any help please advise
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2017-05-02-22-05-43.webp
    75 KB · Views: 253
T

thobecat

Member
Sep 22, 2011
48
0
6
May 5, 2017
#3
  • May 5, 2017
  • #3
No one has ran into this yet?
 

tos

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2001
896
68
59
Cincinnati Ohio
May 8, 2017
#4
  • May 8, 2017
  • #4
I don't know where you could get one but someone should be able to fab one fairly easily.
First though I would go back to whoever did your floor and tell them they need to get one for you or make it right somehow. Its not ok to do repairs on a classic car (or any car for that matter) and leave parts off.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

68 vert where to start?
  • 67 blueberry
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
110
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
67 blueberry
A
Emergency brake causing starting issue, need help.
  • Ace2203
  • Feb 5, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
301
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
81
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
178
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
396
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?